CIW Master designer Course HELP!

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by super-rikay, Apr 10, 2008.

1. super-rikay

super-rikay Bit Poster

ah rite i get what your saying now, to do the CIW but not as a course do it your self. and as for the portfolio that will come along when i learn more and more skills, thanks everyone, mainly harry!

2. super-rikay

super-rikay Bit Poster

are ther web certifications that would be better to learn for as i have checked around and the CIW is the only one i can really find, another course i have found is by the home learning college, but it doesnt sound as good as the CIW. Please help.

http://www.homelearningcollege.com/Courses/InternetandWebDesign/AdobeDreamweaver.aspx

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you were an employer who was looking to hire a Web developer, would you hire someone who took a Web design course and had a bunch of certifications, or would you hire someone who shows you a portfolio of their work? :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. super-rikay

super-rikay Bit Poster

the portfolio, can anyone reccomend any books they used to help them with web design? ive been finding tutorials all over the net that have been helping but im new to webdesign really and im not sure whats worth learning and what isnt. thanks or your help this forum is excellent.