Citrix Certification

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by mattwest, Jun 28, 2006.

1. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hey all...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i was wondering if anyone has had anything to do with Citrix Certification??

We use a split Microsoft / Citrix environment at my place of work and hence i've just achieved MCSE status and i'm looking at the single exam for "CCA for Metaframe Presentation Server 4.0"

I've used the software (a bit!) and done the course but that was many moons ago....just wondering what people thought of the exam or even the certification in general?

Worthwhile??

Cheers!! :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd be interested to hear.

I've just heard that some of my co-workers, and possibly myself, will have to use Citrix, so I may need a crash course!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I know a few people who are CCA's and they seem to think that it was a fairly easy exam if you already have day to day involvement with Citrix. That said, the only thing that I have done with Citrix is remove it because I had no idea what I was doing with it and why it wouldn't work!

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would have loved to do acouple of Citrix exams, as we use it here. Last year I was looking into these and they seem pretty straight forward. However since we're fazing Citrix out, there wasn't any point in pursuing the certification. (To start out in the citrix field, I started the CCSP - the sales cert :( )

But for you, go for it. If you use it in your environment you might as well. I believe the Citrix exams expire every 3 years, or so, when I looked into them.

Good luck.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i'm a cca, but i think it's about time to update the cert. i don't like citrix as a product, but that's mainly based on my past experience with older versions. i have to say, the newer versions are quite good, but i always feel like i'm waiting for the inevitable crash. yes, i have trust issues. :biggrin

oh, and the exam is a breeze.

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'm thinking about looking into the citrix certification when I've done the CCNA.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. MarkN

MarkN Nibble Poster

Did the CCEA in Metaframe Xp - exams at the time were quite straighforward but it is useful to learn about load balancing, NFuse (as it was then) and IMS\RMS. Not worked with presentation server so not sure how much things have changed...

These sites are useful for Citrix

http://www.brianmadden.com/books/
    http://www.dabcc.com/dabcc/

Certifications: MCSE NT4\W2K,CNE,CCEA,ASE
    WIP: CCNA