CITP's Rule!

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by PPD2387, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No worries :biggrin

Should employers encourage it? Perhaps, maybe maybe not... The thing is that with most, if not all employers, they will want their staff (if they promote CPD) to go for things that will benefit the company and it will be cost related as well. Should they even have to? Again I don't know.

But then this brings us onto the lines of whether or not the IT industry/sector should be regulated like nurses, lawyers, doctors, engineers where you need to be registered or licenced in order to practice. Where you have to do X amount of CPD per year, among other things. This may be a good thing for the industry or it can be a bad thing.

Currently in IT you can join either the BCS and/or the IET, but it's a voluntary thing - not enforceable by law.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Judging by the magazines I used to get from the BCS it probably means 'Cannot Integrate Technology Professionally'...

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Oh, that hurts mate :cry: But then again, as the CITP is a voluntary thing to gain and until it gain the recognition that other Chartered statuses have (and I believe the BCS is heading in the right direction, they still have a long way to go though), it will mean different things to different people.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security