Cisco Scholarship

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Sep 7, 2016.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I got this today.

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your patience this past month while waiting to hear about the results of your recent assessment for entry into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. We can tell you that you scored high enough on your assessment to move on to one final step in the qualification process. It is a series of questions that are important for us to verify, given the intense interest in the program and the limited number of scholarship spots available. Click here to answer the questions. Please do so no later than Monday, October 31, 2016, so that we can finalize your application for scholarship funding.

Here is what you need to know for the near-term:

• After we receive your final qualification information, you will be notified in the middle of November via email if you were selected into the scholarship program.
    • If selected into the program, you must complete the program within 90 days.
    • The approximate time commitments required for the web-based training are as follows: 15 hours for the "Introduction to Cybersecurity" course, 100 to 120 hours for the "Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals" (SECFND) course, and 100 to 115 hours for the "Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations" (SECOPS) course. The experience of each student will determine the precise time it will take to complete the program.
    Thank you again for your interest and enthusiasm. We will be in touch. In the meantime, visit the CCNA Cyber Ops certification page for scholarship information. We also encourage you to join the CCNA Cyber Ops Study Group on the Cisco Learning Network. Here you can communicate and share experiences with other scholarship candidates and get your questions answered by the study group moderators.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Jaron78 likes this.
  2. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Nibble Poster Premium Member

I had the same email as SimonD towards the end of last week. Let's see what happens now, mine mentioned hearing sometime in mid-November...

SR

3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Just chased them up. Should hear by Mid November. It seems that they were really expecting such an influx of applications :)

4. Jaron78

Well it seems I didn't get in. People seem to have had emails this morning. Ah well, lets me concentrate on the CCENT / CCNA until March when I can re-apply.

Did anyone else have any luck?

Ron

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I haven't had any emails yet.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. Shadowrunner

Me either, still waiting with bated breath...

7. Jaron78

Apparently, if you haven't heard by the 23rd November, you didn't get in :(

8. Shadowrunner

Still not heard so I guess I didn't get in :(

9. Jaron78

They
    Taking new applications in March mate. Will post here when I see it.

10. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Unlucky lads, guess competition is stiff.. keep trying though.

Jaron78 likes this.
  11. Jaron78

Always March :)

12. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

They announced who got in last week I think.

Certifications: A few.
  13. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I just got confirmation that I was accepted today (email arrived 10 minutes ago).

Dear Simon,

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time.

14. Shadowrunner

I've just had the same email :hurrah:

15. Jaron78

Rejection for me!!
    No idea what I done wrong!

16. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Congrats guys!

Let us know how it goes for us rejected applicants. Hopefully we will get another chance to apply :)

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  17. Jaron78

I assume you didn't get in either Mike?? I don't understand the selection process if I am honest.

Chatting to a guy at work who got a lower score than me, but still got in.

18. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Yeah, I didn't get in unfortunately (even though my job role is a Network Security Engineer :D)

Oh well, you win some and you lose some. I am just happy some of our CF guys got in, so they can spill the beans and let us know what it's like. I am still definitely interested in applying if Cisco decide to open up applications again.

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  19. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It's funny, since I applied for the scholarship my role at work has completely changed, I am no longer really technical (a converged management role looking after a Platform \ Storage combined team) and so this is going to be interesting (especially as my role has nothing to do with Cyber Sec Ops).

Well let's see if I can still pass muster :o

Jaron78 likes this.
  20. Jaron78

Good luck Simon, I'm sure you will do great.

Apparently you can re-apply in 2018. Rather go and self study rather than wait 4 months to be told no-thanks with no explanation though.