Cisco resources

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Jakamoko, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Japes

Japes Bit Poster

Interestingly enough I went a similar but different path. I took 216 - 217 - 219 and completely agree that the 217/219 went together very nicely and I took the 219 just from experience and studying the concepts as it didn't introduce anything new, just how to use the skills from the 217 material (IMHO).

I also agree on the 216 material, lots of details and "how to" type stuff, but it isn’t the complete monster many make it out to be and is passable (many of us are living testament to that :))

2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Matt

LPI is a fun thing - work have asked me to do it as I manage a number of RedHat webservers running that link back to a major data base. As I live in a MS and UNIX (HP-UX) world I see Linux as just another flavour of UNIX :oops: (We are using RedHat 8 at the moment and about to upgrade to RH Enterprise).

There are few manuals about but I have been using the documentation from here http://savannah.nongnu.org/ as my study guide.

Due to work and Open University commitments it has been placed on hold. I am currently finishing my OU courses off before I pick up the study manual again.

3. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hi Sandy.

Thanks for the reply and link :D

Tell me about it, i've got so many things i want to learn but not enough time to do them all!

I was going to start an Open University Business Studies degree this year, but i had ot cancel it as i dont have enough time. The first course was "Social Science" as it was the first level course to get me prepared.

Would like to do it in the future tho....

:roll:

Matt

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA