cisco home studies

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by pigcrossing, Feb 28, 2008.

1. pigcrossing

pigcrossing New Member

Thanks to all the member who welcome me to the CF forum. As mentioned in my introduction i will like to embark on CISCO certification courses studying from home. At the moment i have got two computers, one monitor.one typeboard and a mouse.Which equipment,books and software will i need to set up a LAB at home. Your help will be appreciated.

Certifications: BA Hospitality Management
    WIP: CCNA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You are better off posting this in the cisco forum.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Moved (AJ)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you're trying to get into the IT industry, Cisco isn't really a good place to start... jobs administering Cisco devices are typically given to experienced techs. It would be a much better idea to start out with the A+ while looking for an entry-level IT job, then pursue the Network+ and MCDST certifications... all quite suitable for entry-level techs.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. pigcrossing

pigcrossing New Member

Thank you for your advice.Am presently on a A+ course and will be finishing in 3 weeks time and will like to embark on CISCO CCNA after this. I will also will like to do the Cisco course from home so i will need advice and directions form member on type of equipment and other materials needed and where to get them. I will appreciate it if you could help.

6. pigcrossing

pigcrossing New Member

Thank you for your advice.Am presently on a A+ course and will be finishing in 3 weeks time and will like to embark on CISCO CCNA after this. I will also will like to do the Cisco course from home so i will need advice and directions form member on type of equipment and other materials needed and where to get them. I will appreciate it if you could help.