Christmas drink.

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Boycie, Aug 17, 2006.

?

Can you make it?

1. Count me in Boyce!

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. um...depends on where it is...

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  3. Sorry, can't make it. Post the pics.

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

How about a tour bus ? 8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

That is a good idea. Obviously it would turn in to a weekend, opposed to a night out and drive back by the time we take you, pete, Zimbo and Trip home! :biggrin

minibus might work out cheaper- it depends on who is going and where there live.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Fine by me, about £30 in a taxi to get home! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Woft, ye !!! Could Gav have planted the seed of swinging the whole gig up north? Get in - let's calculate how much cheaper beer is up here (and there's no smoking too - sorry Pete )

:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Mate

I wasn't there long enough!

Left Paddington at 8:45 - got to Cardiff at 10:45 - titted about for 20 minutes waiting for a train to Queen Street before realising they were all up the spout, walked instead - went into our office there - stuck Ethereal on a server, ran a trace for twenty minutes, saved it to CD and left again - sum total 'on the job' twenty minutes :biggrin

Unfortunately, as I was leaving, I got phoned and told to go to sodding Bristol - so spent most of my day on the bloody railway!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

not the best of days then.... :eek:

7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not exactly, no

Still, at least I got the chance to catch up on a load of project work on the laptop - away from all the fookin emails that will be waiting for me on Monday morning...

The worst thing is, I know I could look at some of them on the Gooseberry, but I've deliberately turned the fecker off so I can get a weekend of peace
    :devilflam

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im actually going to be in london mate...:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Further North for me please, Newcastle is a great night out. Apparently it won an award for being the best night out in Europe.

Nelix

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

How about we all meet in Liverpool??? :biggrin

Seriously wouldnt London make like more sense?

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Well considering the prices, would it? :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Zim,

As you are about to find out when you hit the UK, London is far from cheap mate!

Si

13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I agree with Nelix...the TOON is the best place for a night out...and I tell ya what, I know most of the places up here meself and since yours truly knows a few doormen and management, I am sure I can wrangle some free entry....and for those who are single, just wait till you see the talent we have on offer here. Blimey I am talking like I have lived here all me life and I only been here 4yrs :eek: does that make me a Geordie then Si and Nelix? lol...:biggrin I would be up for it too...location depenedant tho...(if thats right)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Aye - I agree with Newcastle.

Top place - been up there for the footy loads of times and always enjoyed it. Went up for a stag weekend a couple of years back too - it was ace - we went on that boat club with the revolving dancefloor - 'Tuxedo Royale' I think it was called - in Gateshead. THAT was a cracking night.

For all those of you who are single men - might I add that the Geordie lasses are much 'friendlier' :rolleyes: than in most parts of the UK - I hadn't been in the club more than two minutes before a girl offered to buy ME a drink - I almost fell over...

Of course, being a married man, I won't be interested in any of that, but just thought I'd mention it :)

15. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Newcastle it is then boys!!!:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Some of us are going to need somewhere to stay.. anyone got connections to some deals?

EDIT2: NEWCASTLE :eek:! err mode of transport??!:biggrin

16. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Right first things first Zeb...why did you go on the boat?!?! That is the worst nightclub in Newcastle!! AARRGGHHH. I only been there once and that was for a staff Xmas do back in 2001 and never again! :eek: And ur right about the women...hehe nice that someone bought u a drink...saying that last year, one girl came upto me and asked me for a dance, I looked her up and down and said sorry darling not me. She just didnt look right, needless to say she wasnt happy and went off in a huff. Women, can't make them happy all the time you know. :biggrin

17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I think u can get a plane straight to Newcastle airport zimbo, otherwise its London and then either a train up or fly up to Newcastle. As for hotels, again yours truly can have a word with a few people, altho Newcastle has a range of hotels near its airport and the train station too. But seeing as its going to be Xmas period ur cutting it fine my dear friend...:biggrin so looks like its the TOON then!! yippie!!! :cheers

18. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

meaning?:rolleyes:

19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

If you don't understand the Newcastle accent when it's written down, you have no chance of understanding them in person :twisted:

Okay, why don't you lot jump on a plane and come to Australia, the place is cheap, the beaches are awesome, the babes out number the lads, the beer is cold, the sun shines and the bbq's never go out.

Seriously, if I still lived in Blighty I would def be there, but although I sense this is going to be a great gig, it is one that I will have to miss :cry:

So, I ticked, please take pictures!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  20. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I wanna go Australia, just to chill out on the beach :(