Choosing The Correct Route For Myself

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by NEO-BAHAMUT-, Jan 11, 2010.

1. NEO-BAHAMUT-

NEO-BAHAMUT- New Member

Hi guys,

A couple of months back now i decided i would prove myself worth while and start taking Microsoft exams. I have since passed my 70-270 Exam "Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional".

I have now got my login to the MCP website where you can choose your desired route to becoming what ever you want to via the "Certificatation Planner"

However from here i don't really understand how it is set up. I want to end up as an MCSE - Microsoft Windows Server 2003. So i click the link to that certification.

From here you get a popup with different trees on. However this confuses me. There are 5 different trees you can drop down "admin w2k3 Upgrade (All *), MCSA W2K3 Upgrade (All *), New Certification (1*), NT4 Upgrade (ALL*), W2K Upgrade (ALL *).

This is where im stuck. Which is the one for me? New Certification?

Secondly for example I have passed the 70-270 which under "New Certification" It falls within 2 categories. It falls under Client Core (1*) and also under the Elective exams where i need 3 i imagine. Does this count for both Client and Elective or do you have to choose whether you want it to fall under the elective or client??

Confusing.

If anyone can help me i would be most grateful as i don't find that Microsoft have set this "Certification Planner" up in the proper state.

Thanks.

2. NEO-BAHAMUT-

NEO-BAHAMUT- New Member

Can anyone help me out with this as it is really confusing.