Chinese invasion...relax, just kidding!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Vasttalent Alex, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Vasttalent Alex

Vasttalent Alex New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to find this forum online. My name is Alex Raymond and I'm in the online training business - my company is called Vast Talent and is based in Hong Kong. We also have an office in Beijing.

The reason that I've signed up for this forum is that I want to learn more about the IT certification industry, an area that's actually quite new to me. We just started offering IT certification courses on our website (basics from Microsoft, Cisco, etc), so I figured that I needed to learn more.

I'm not here to sell, rather to understand what people are looking for, what currently in the market, and what's not. I'm new to all this, so really trying to learn.

And about the "Chinese invasion" title - it's obviously a joke. However, IT certification is really taking off in China, so I figured I could pick up some best and worst practices from the business in the West...

Appreciate your support!

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

DO offer high quality training programs including decent legitimate practice exams.

DON'T put brand spanking new IT workers on an MCSE or CCNA course.

as for the thread title? the Chinese don't need to invade, you can just call in your loans. :p

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

你好!Welcome to the forum.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

In my opinion the worst thing the TP (Training Provider) can do is to sell higher level training to people without experience and no clue what they're meant to be doing.
    I do understand that first reaction of a TP would be: "If I won't push the sale he will go somewhere else and spend the money elsewhere." I think, however, that this is not strictly true as by offering a genuine advice and high quality training TP can build up loyal customer base and the word will spread.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've passed through HK going and coming on two different trips, staying overnight once each time. Quite a city! I hope to return in the next year or so.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security