ChatGPT

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Jan 29, 2023.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi all

I'm sure you will have heard of ChatGPT by now. Have you tried it? I have and I was honestly shocked by it's ability to talk back to me. If I ask it about Luke Skywalker, it'll tell me Darth Vader is his father. If I then type, what was his dad like? It'll know I mean Darth, and go onto him. I don't have to state the full question each time like I do now with Alexa, Siri, all the others I use.

Interestingly Microsoft are now investing billions in the technology, this is a good read from CNN

There's a lot of talk around the jobs it might replace one day, time will tell

If you've not tried it, here it is https://chat.openai.com/

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. JK2447

For thrills, I decided to ask it a few questions. Here are the results!

what is certforums

CertForums is a website that provides a platform for users to discuss and share information and resources related to computer certifications and IT industry. It is a community-driven forum where users can ask and answer questions, share tips and advice, and learn from experts in the field.

is IT certification important for your career?

IT certifications can be beneficial for one's career in the technology industry. They can demonstrate to employers that an individual has a certain level of knowledge and skills in a specific technology or area of IT. This can be especially valuable for people who are seeking to advance their careers or break into the field. Certifications can also help individuals stay current with the latest technologies and industry trends. That being said, certifications alone do not guarantee career success, and employers typically value real-world experience and skills just as much as certifications.

Is IT certification in decline?

It is not accurate to say that IT certification is in decline, but it is true that the value and importance of certifications can vary depending on the specific industry and job market. Some experts argue that certifications are becoming less important as a way to demonstrate one's knowledge and skills, while others believe that they are still an important way to demonstrate expertise and set oneself apart in the job market. Additionally, some employers may place more value on certifications than others, and certain certifications may be more highly valued in certain regions or industries.

In recent years some companies and hiring managers are placing less value on certifications as they look for more hands-on experience, soft-skills, and adaptability to new technologies. However, Certifications from reputable vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and others are still highly valued in the industry.

Overall, IT certification is still an important and valuable way to demonstrate one's knowledge and skills in the technology industry, but it is not the only way and it is always recommended to combine certifications with real-world experience and continuous learning.

What is considered a good first IT certification to go for?

The best IT certification to go for first depends on your current skillset and career goals. Some popular entry-level certifications include:

1. CompTIA A+: This certification is considered the foundation of IT certifications and covers the basics of computer hardware, operating systems, and troubleshooting.

2. CompTIA Network+: This certification covers the basics of networking and is a good starting point for those interested in pursuing a career in network administration or support.

3. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): This certification covers the basics of Windows operating systems and Microsoft software and is a good starting point for those interested in a career in IT support or administration.

4. Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT): This certification covers the basics of Cisco networking and is a good starting point for those interested in a career in network administration or support.

5. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner: This certification covers the basics of AWS Cloud and is a good starting point for those interested in a career in Cloud Computing.
    Ultimately, it's important to consider your career goals and the industry you want to work in when choosing your first IT certification. It is also a good idea to research the certifications that are most in-demand in your area, and to consider which certifications will be most beneficial for your career path.

What are considered the most difficult IT certifications to go for?

There are several IT certifications that are considered to be quite difficult to obtain. Some of these include:

1. Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE): This certification is considered one of the most difficult and prestigious certifications in the networking industry. It requires a deep understanding of Cisco technologies and a high level of practical experience.

2. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This certification is considered one of the most difficult and highly-regarded certifications in the field of information security. It requires a broad understanding of various security concepts and practices, as well as a significant amount of work experience.

3. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA): This certification is considered one of the most difficult and highly-regarded certifications in the field of information systems auditing. It requires a deep understanding of IS audit process and a significant amount of work experience.

4. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect - Professional: This certification is considered one of the most difficult and highly-regarded certifications in the field of Cloud Computing. It requires a deep understanding of AWS architecture and a significant amount of hands-on experience.

5. Project Management Professional (PMP) : This certification is considered one of the most difficult and highly-regarded certifications in the field of Project management. It requires a deep understanding of project management processes and a significant amount of hands-on experience.
    It's worth noting that these certifications are considered difficult not only because of the level of knowledge required, but also due to the rigorous testing and examination process. Obtaining these certifications requires a significant investment of time and effort, and it's recommended that individuals have a substantial amount of experience in their field before attempting to obtain one.

when did the mcse retire?

The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification was retired by Microsoft on January 31, 2014. Microsoft replaced the MCSE certification with the new Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification, which focuses on cloud and enterprise technologies. The new MCSE certification was introduced to reflect the changes in the technology industry, and to align with the new technologies and cloud services offered by Microsoft.

Microsoft also introduced a new certification program called Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate and Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate which are focused on Azure Cloud Platform.

It's important to note that despite the retirement of the MCSE certification, individuals who hold the certification are still recognized by the industry as having a high level of knowledge and skills in Microsoft technologies. Additionally, Microsoft has a program called the "MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification" which is valid until January 31, 2021, after that date it's not going to be valid any more.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    Kopite_21 likes this.
  3. JK2447

And finally, I asked it to write me a song for Certforums! Pretty amazing, it all takes it a few seconds!

write me a song for certforums

Verse 1: Certifications on my mind Gotta pass that test, one step at a time CertForums by my side Guiding me through, with knowledge and pride

Chorus: CertForums, my guiding light Helping me reach new heights CertForums, my shining star Leading me to go far

Verse 2: From A+ to CCIE CertForums has got my back, you see With every question, I find the key To unlocking my true IT potential, you'll agree

Chorus: CertForums, my guiding light Helping me reach new heights CertForums, my shining star Leading me to go far

Bridge: With every certification, I'll be climbing higher CertForums, my ultimate advisor With every exam, I'll be getting smarter CertForums, my ultimate supporter

Outro: CertForums, my one and only Helping me reach my goals, so I'll be known as The IT pro, the best in the game Thanks to CertForums, my career will never be the same.

Kopite_21 likes this.
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Yeah, I have started looking into this

It has helped me out a few times, however, I find I need to phrase my questions specifically and when you get an error if it has generated some code, it can go around in circles, but I do like the feature, its better than googling something and then getting on a thread where 2 people start to argue about something.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Interesting tech for sure.....

What is MCSE?

MCSE stands for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. It is a certification program offered by Microsoft for individuals who demonstrate advanced proficiency in designing and implementing Microsoft-based IT infrastructure solutions. The MCSE certification is designed for IT professionals who want to specialize in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Mobility, Productivity, and Data Platform.

To obtain the MCSE certification, candidates must pass several exams that test their knowledge and skills in specific areas of Microsoft technology. The certification demonstrates a candidate's expertise in designing and deploying solutions using Microsoft technologies and helps to validate their ability to meet the demands of challenging technical projects.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Isn't it just an advance search engine? So instead of saying what is MCSE and giving you links to lots of sites that tell you, it goes to the site and takes the answer and gives it to you instead?

Can see a lot of websites losing traffic(money) as you no longer need to go to their website and the search engine is just taking it and presenting it to you as if it is its own information.

Certifications: A few.
  7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You can ask to generate powershell scripts - much better than a google search :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    Jaron78 and JK2447 like this.
  8. JK2447

I've heard of people having amazing success with this, it is incredible isn't it

9. Musatalor

Musatalor Bit Poster

Great thing to find necessary information

10. Musatalor

Musatalor Bit Poster

I totally agree with you about ChatGPT's incredible capabilities! It's amazing how it understands context and keeps the conversation flowing seamlessly. I've given it a whirl myself, and I'm equally impressed. The fact that Microsoft is heavily investing in this technology speaks volumes about its potential.

Thanks for sharing the CNN article – it's always fascinating to see the broader impact of such advancements. And thanks for the link to ChatGPT, I'll definitely give it a go!

By the way, if anyone's looking to enhance their resume, they can use the free ChatGPT Resume Prompts. It's a cool way to get tailored suggestions.

11. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Depending on what I'm searching for, I'm using both ChatGPT (and ChatGPT integrated with Bing) and Google Bard. I found that depending on what you're asking, sometimes ChatGPT gives the best answer, sometimes Bard gives the best answer...

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
  12. Istaryan

Istaryan New Member

To be honest, ambiguous impressions. Sometimes they give incorrect information

13. anandsoft

anandsoft Bit Poster

ChatGPT (free version) is limited in it's update to 2022 where as bard is not limited by time. For any recent updates, I use bard.

JK2447 likes this.
  14. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Yeah this. Ive been dabbling with PS a bit and Ive been using ChatGPT to work out how to do some thing. Im also learning Python and used it in the same context.

15. JK2447

Ditto use Bard now. As you say. Has access to the internet today

16. Boyvyew

Boyvyew New Member

Hey there!

Yeah, ChatGPT is pretty wild, right? It's like chatting with someone who's really up on their pop culture. The way it follows the conversation is surprisingly natural. And Microsoft jumping in on the action? That's huge. I read that CNN article too, fascinating stuff. It's true, there's always this buzz about AI taking over jobs, but who knows what the future holds, right? Gotta admit though, having a conversation without constantly repeating myself like with other assistants? That's a game-changer. Thanks for sharing the link, gonna dive back in and see what else it knows!