Chat: The 2007 Microsoft Office System Integration

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tuvanit, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tuvanit

tuvanit Nibble Poster

Gary (Moderator):
    Welcome to today’s chat. Our topic today is the 2007 Microsoft Office System Integration.

Let's get started.

Start of Chat

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: Can we get a brief overview of some of the integration that is coming out or can you point us to a site that will explain the features?
    A: I do have an upcoming article on the new Office Integration features which should be published soon on:http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/community/article_archive.mspx

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: Can you point me to the Office Community or TechNet forums (url) so I can post the issue with public contact folders?
    A: Some highlights from the article are: Document Themes, new Paste Options, and it contains some of my favorite features that have been around such as using Word's Mail Merge to send mass email but send an individual, personalized email to each recipient.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: What new paste options?
    A: Here is a link to the Office Communities:http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: Hi, when I'm in the Outlook 2007, in the message has some website link, if I click on an URL, I would receive an "an unexpected error has occurred" message, I can only right click on that url and copy the hyperlink, open IE window and get to the site.
    A: The TechNet forums can be found at: http://forums.microsoft.com. However note those for the Office 2007 beta appear to be down today.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: It is very inconvenient, is there any way that I can just click on the URL and go to that website? Thanks.
    A: One of the new paste options is for setting default paste actions have been added to Office Word 2007 such as setting your default to paste as unformatted text.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    A: These can be found by clicking the Office Button and then Word Options. In the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced. Then In the Advanced options, locate the Cut, Copy, and Paste section.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    A: So far I haven't had any difficulty with URLs in email messages in Outlook 2007 so what you are encountering could be caused by a number of things. The best place to go to get help in determining the cause is the Office Communities or TechNet forums. You can find links to both of these in the Expert chat window.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: Hi, Beth, about my Outlook problem, it might be only happened to my computer because every day when I open the first message, an add-in dll error would show up, I just close the error message. I did saved the error message but I misplaced it.
    A: That could be part of the problem, but you should be able to find installed add-ins under Tools/Trust Center and the add-ins section. Chances are, the error you are encountering is due to the add-in not working correctly in Outlook 2007. If that's the case then you should be able to disable the add-in.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: I believe that message has something to do with Symantec add-in didn't install or load.
    A: If it is a Symantec add-in then it could be checking the URLs to make sure they are valid. If it isn't functioning then that may explain why you are encountering problems.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: More problem with Outlook, when I asked a question in the "help" box and I can not connect of office on line.
    A: You might see if the same occurs in the other Office applications. If it doesn't then I suspect it is linked to your URL issue.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: I got the same problem in Word help, the message is like this "Not connected. To see additional and update content from Office online, click here.", when I click it, same message shows up.
    A: Usually the likely cause of not connecting to Online Help is a firewall.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Q: Hi, Beth, with all these office beta problems I have, can I uninstall it and reinstall again? Do I need to enter the license key again? I have the office beta installed on the other machine and it works just fine, but not on mine pc.
    A: Yes, if you uninstall and reinstall you would need to enter your key again. First I would try using Detect and Repair.

Gary (Moderator):
    Thank you everyone for joining us today.

Beth Melton (Expert):
    Thanks for coming everyone!

(From TechNet)

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA 2003