Charges Against Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Nov 20, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I knew about the allegations against Jackson for molestation in the early 90's but was surprised when my son told me about this story. It's not hard for me to believe but, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I just hope you're right, Trip - the last thing society needs is to see such a hi-profile celeb involved in these horrors.

But if he is found guilty, then throw him to the dogs.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

You think dogs would eat that :!:
    You'd have to starve the dogs half to death, and that's cruel.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

I'm trying not to be flippant when we're talking about such a serious issue, but that was a great answer, Flex :!:

:)

5. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

I dunno, I think there is something in it. Anyone see the documentary with Martin Bashir , he openly admitted he let other people's kids sleep in bed with him. The guy is a freak also, doesn't even look human anymore.. :?

Don't give the dogs indigestion though.. :cry:

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I was reading on another forum about what a "dog and pony show" the trial is going to be and the big question came up about whether or not justice will be done. Just like the OJ Simpson trial, we've got a rich and famous defendant that can buy the biggest, baddest legal team in the land. All they have to do is put "reasonable doubt" into the minds of the jury and he could get off scot free (assuming he did it in the first place). OJ now plays golf in Florida safe in the knowledge that he can't be tried twice for the same crime. If "Jako" is a child molester and he gets off, how many more kids may still be victimized?

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Woah, careful with the abbreviations, there, Fella - I don't want any implications with him or the charges :!:

I was listening to the story yesterday and today, and it sounds like D.A Sneddon is gunning for the guy big style. Agreed about big, bad legal teams, but this guy Sneddon appears to have a reputation to match.

But then, your slightly closer to the whole thing, Trip, so any news you can bring to it I'll listen to.

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I get my information through news agencies the same as you do. The D.A. can "gun" for Jackson all he wants but the burden of proof is still on the state. The tricky part will be in jury selection. They'd have to move the trial off the planet to find 12 unbiased people who had never heard of Michael Jackson (which is where the "Jako" nickname comes from...sorry, Gav).

Many years ago, I was on a jury in a drunk driving case. I was excused from duty and an alternate took my place when the length of the trial exceeded what my work and family schedule could bare. In spite of the warnings you receive not to draw conclusions before all the evidence is in, I'd pretty much made up my mind that the driver was guilty of at least one of the counts against him. I found out later that it ended up in a hung jury. I was astonished.

You wouldn't believe the games lawyers play to try and muddy the waters. The jury is instructed by the Judge to evaluate the evidence without emotional considerations...just look at the facts. Ten seconds after the attorneys blast into the case, they do everything in their power to play with your emotions. The defense attorney only has to confuse the heck out of the jury. They have to be able to find Jackson guilty "without a reasonable doubt and to a moral certitude". If doubt creeps into their minds, they can't find him guilty.