Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by B.HopeZion, Feb 14, 2012.

1. B.HopeZion

B.HopeZion Bit Poster

Hey Guys!

Was anyone ever into Championship Manager? I used to have the 2000 season one I think.

I was totally rubbish so hardly got any far.

Was anyone here any good at it and how did you manage to do that - any strategies? As I may play it again soon, you know, one of those old reminiscing sessions (ahhhhhh the good old days)

B.Hope

2. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Just in case if you out of the loop but the Championship Manager then is now called Football Manager :D. Championship Manager is a different game.

I used to play it alot and I have the latest one but over the last couple of years I've haven't played it as much as used to ! I'd play for maybe 2 months from launch and stop. If you haven't played or seen FM/CM since the 2000 one, then you are in a for a shock. It is now very detailed and a lot of micro management involved which will probably put off some people. but I'll say go for it :D

3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I haven't played the last 4 newer incarnations. 2008 Champo was the last one I played and it sucked up far too much of my life. I got Nuneaton Borough in to the Champions League. O_o

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Zolabrecht

Zolabrecht New Member

Loved the original Champ Manager Series, wasted most of my life on that.............back on the ol Amiga:)

Remember buying the first one in 1992 (i think the year was) , then the 1993 version and Champ manager italia with the likes of Gazza, Baggio and trying to sign Gary Linekar from japan:|

5. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I seem to remember playing CM Italia, and with a 1(sweeper) - 4 - 5 formation, and Eric Cantona (who used to score 100+ goals in a 38 game season using that formation)

I still remember buying CM92-93 in Cardiff even now, and all the pages in the manual were upside down. Cost a tenner. By god, I lost years of my life to that game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012