CFGTG Birthday Party - 26 June 2010

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Sep 27, 2009.

?

So, what's it going to be?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2009.
  1. Go-Karting followed by drinkies

36.4%
  2. LAN (or console) party accompanied with and followed by drinkies (games TBC)

50.0%
  3. Thanks for the offer, I'm still coming, but will only join in the drinkies part :)

13.6%
  1. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Lol yeah. as for paintballing airsoft - I will be going here to do the kill house in a few months - will let you know if is anygood.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well done to Arro for already Herculean efforts in organising this :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

The LAN party idea would of been perfect last year could have gone to omega sektor in birmingham before it closed down.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

How will the LAN party work?
    I'm assuming we all gonna bring our lappies but how we gonna decide on which games we gonna play? ...another poll later on?

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Yup

We'll sort out teh winnarrr first, then I'll start the logisitcs of it all :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

My laptops are no good for gaming... I do it all on the desktop :\

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  7. Arroryn

Then bring your desktop :twisted:

8. Shinigami

I'm not sure that'd be such a good idea... :eek:

It would break in the airplane cargo luggage, and probably break in the boot of my car as well due to the firm ride I have if I were to take the car :\ Besides, my screen would have trouble fitting in the trunk along with the rather large tower I have... Not very mobile *sigh*

9. Arroryn

Matey, if you're making the effort to get here from Switzerland, I'll bring my spare laptop for you :biggrin

10. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Just beer for me :D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  11. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I could bring my xbox and pretend I'm playing against you all lol, actually I might stand a chance then because I am terrible at pretty much all games, especially FPS games.

I don't game on my PC, actually I barely game on the Xbox it just sits next to my telly turned off lol

WIP: A+
  12. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im exactly the same :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  13. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

I would prefer Karting or something personally ... a little less IT like ...

If we are going to game then WoW is my preference, but failing that a good old fashioned Quake battleground.

14. Shinigami

We're all very different, one likes WoW, another like football, some like karting or paintball...

Not easy to get a common interest, apart from maybe Beer with all ya crazy Islanders :)

The problem I see is, where would we be able to setup a bunch of laptops to have a LAN game? That would need setting up a switch or two, desk space, etc... depending on how many show up, it's more or less a bother.

I personally like the karting idea, paintball is cool as well (althought I prefer airsoft since it doesn't leave you as bruised and "painted"... plus the weapons are cooler), but if we could get hold of some party hall with a few screens, kegs of beer an some Wii's, we could participate in more "involving" party games.

Just an idea I'm throwing around. Maybe Wii ain't your thing, but I know it makes for a lot of fun after a few beers due to the all the "physical" action involved :wink:

(what I'm saying is, Wii party games are easy to pick up by just about anyone, no previous experience is necessary. I for one have no experience in WoW, and some here wouldn't know how to play UT3 etc... but a game of Tennis on the Wii or similar can be mastered by any drunkard after just a pint or two haha).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  15. Markyboyt

As a general rule i'm sure thats the other way round, as the drink goes down you slowly deteoriate lol.

Is a good suggestion aswell though, wii's are pretty universal and easy to pick up as you say.

In fairness I haven't attended a gtg for this forum yet but do plan to and this sounds fun, if the activity is something thats totally not my bag then i'll just watch and drink i'm easy

16. Shinigami

It would be the first one for me regarding this forum as well. I've setup a few meetings for ppl off other forums tho'... We've been to Sheffield, Prague, Amsterdam... Well, next would be in Dublin, just waiting to see if everyone can get their finances in order so we can do it.

I personally like to meet people, even if it just ends up being a drinking session :)

I'd be especially pleased to meet like-minded certification nuts, because in my current situation, not many people where I work give a darn about certification, and I'm the only Windows/Microsoft guy in the DataCenter where I work (when you're surrounded by *nix guys, you end up feeling a bit lonely in the Microsoft world, lol :biggrin ... they're all cool guys tho', honest. Very smart, I respect them enormously).

17. Markyboyt

Bloody hell your meet ups sound quite extravagant lol, I've been to a few queen meets but that's always in London when I've been either at we will rock you or for live shows of Queen and Paul Rodgers.

18. Shinigami

Not really... we just meet up for a friday to sunday piss up. Sleazyjet/Ryanscare... I mean, Easyjet/Ryanair flights to locations in Europe are less than 50 quid a person, and when we share hotel rooms, the price for accommodation goes down as well. All in all, it's a ~£200 weekend with a bunch of good friends once a year, and you don't get many of those every day :wink:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  19. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'm more one for the beers then a strip club myself. :alc :slidedrin :hit :brancard

Great ideas though for CF's birthday. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  20. Arroryn

You don't want me to hang around for very long at the GTG then? :ohmy :cry: 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015