Certs without exam

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Xerixo, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Xerixo

Xerixo New Member

Hello all

I am currently studying software development and working my way towards a professional IT role. I am near the end of my studies and was looking for any tips in regards to any certs to bulk up my CV that would be worth while, which do not involve to much cost or lengthy exams.
    Does anyone know of any regardless of IT sector or area?

2. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

For software development I think employers want to see a portfolio of projects rather than certifications.

Start building a portfolio and start applying for junior/graduate roles so you can get your foot in the door.

3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I think as said, focussing on examples that you've worked on will probably work best for you. Maybe something you've done in your own time for fun would make you stand out, an app you developed or some useful code for your peers.

There are certifications like the Microsoft MCSD that may help you if you feel your CV is light of any form of qualification/certification but it all depends, if the curriculum covers where you want to go. If it does, great. It might just be interesting to learn, I doubt it's quick or easy however

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs