Certified Internet Web Associate Foundations help

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Bazmati, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Bazmati

Bazmati New Member

Hi people, i've just registered and this is my first post looking for advice. i'm currently looking into studying the Certified Internet Web Associate Foundations course and just wondered if anybody else was either studying the same course or had completed it, and what your thoughts or advice would be on it.

I'm currently employed in the print & design industry and have excellent knowledge of Photoshop and illustrator would this help me on the course.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I haven't done this course/exam yet, but I am looking into doing this at some point. You can get self-study packs from them. Since you work with Adobe product you may want to also look into the Adobe Certified Associate program.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

No not really, not with regards to CIW. But personally and to web design then most certainly yes.
    The best thing to do if you are going to study CIW is to use material that promotes ciw. I know thats obvious, but i had some knowledge of illustrator before i started studying CIW and not once did it mention illustrator and more importantly, neither did the exam. Things like photoshop and illustrator, which in my eyes are the two most useful applications to learn, are not covered and i have had to learn these from other sources.

To pass the first exam you need to learn a bit about everything. Networking, web design, e-commerce, job roles, basically the web industry itself. I had alot of questions regarding networking and web design guidelines.

And i agree with what Wagnerk said, if you have good knowledge of the two most hard to learn applications, photoshop and illustrator. Then i would definitely look into doing the Adobe Certified Expert( ACE) exam. Doing the CIW certs are really for the entry level people like myself (i wish someone would tell me otherwise).
    All you really need to do is learn (x)html, css and perhaps flash and javascript?. Learn the semantics of web design from online tutorials form sites like www.lynda.com, and you are near enough there.
    Anyway, if you want to know anymore then i will happily help out. Just let me know?

All the best.:biggrin

Certifications: CIW Professional