Certification - Which way?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by scottishdave, Apr 8, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Note that it's not exactly an MCDBA time limit... it's the expiration date for the 70-228 and 70-229 exams. If you can get those two exams done before March 2009, you can get the other exams afterwards and when you're done, you'll still qualify as an MCDBA. At least, that's how it's worked with other exam tracks where the primary exams retire (such as the Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 MCSE tracks).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

Correct

Depending on what exams you use you can do MCSE in 7, MCSA in 4 and MCDBA is also 4.

You can reuse electives as you mentioned plus the server exams overlap so correct 8 in total, be very tough to do part time in under a year !

Wording on M$ website is that you must fullfil all CORE requirements for a cert before expiration, so you must get 70-228 and 70-229 before March 31st 2009.

I thought about it but instead have decided to go for the MCITP track, MCITP track is 3 exams, MCDBA to MCITP upgrade is two. So even though I've got my two electives for MCDBA if you plan on getting MCITP its more exams, 4 to get MCITP on upgrade, 3 direct.