Certification help please - networking area

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Pete0071984, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Pete0071984

Pete0071984 New Member

Hi I am from Northern Ireland and I have just started studying in my spare time for an MCSE course. I was advised this was the best course of action for me to take, to begin a career in networking. I have since learned that this certification is being retired by Microsoft, which has infuriated me as I spent a lot of money on textbooks. I work long hours at my job, so my study time is precious to me.

Q. Is this certification a waste of my time?

Q. I would like to know which certification is: a) the most useful/relevant and b) the most up to date and isn't going to be retired.

I've also read on these threads that an entry level job in I.T. is the best way to start as experience is just as important as certification.

Q. How do you get an entry level I.T. job without an I.T. related qualification and can anyone recommend specific positions I should be applying for?

I appreciate any help on this matter, thank you!