Certain sites

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Oct 24, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hi people

Im having trouble connecting to my Uni site, i can get tot the log in page with no problem but when i put in my user name and password i get directed to a second pages that asks me for my user name and password aagin. I have tried resetting the passowrd using the people who know about this stuff at uni and also ive tried messing about with these zsettings below

Edward,

Please try the following -

Open INTERNET OPTIONS > SECURITY > TRUSTED SITES > SITES and add www.edgehill.ac.uk
    Then set the security to DEFAULT LEVEL and drag to LOW

In INTERNET OPTIONS > PRIVACY > ADVANCED check OVERRIDE AUTOMATIC COOKIE HANDLING and ALWAYS ALLOW SESSION COOKIES

In INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED under the SECURITY heading ensure the following are checked - Use SSL 2.0, Use SSL 3.0, Use TLS 1.0

After doing all that i still cant get into this site even though i cva get into if when im at uni using the computers they supply. Im using vista and the problem happens on both firefox and internet explorer, also im using nortong for my internet security, and also it only happens on this site. Does anyonw have any ideas what could cause this

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Have you checked that Norton is allowing access to the site?

if not click on the advanced tab on the program settings within the firewall program etc and have a look if its set to custom or deny click on it and set it to allow always.

I used to have Nortons and it used to **** me off so it got wiped never to darken my comp again.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. zxspectrum

You know GBL, im not much a fan of norton either but i got a 3 moth trial when i bought my lappy etc, think ill get rid and try panda titanium as i can get that free for 6 months

Ed

4. greenbrucelee

why not get comodo firewall its free forever and top notch

5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Two possibilities I can think of:

1) Is the domain of the second page the same as that of the first? Sometimes if they differ the setting for one won't work on the other.

2) Check the clock on the PC - including checking the correct timezone. Having the wrong time set can upset some cookie systems.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. zxspectrum

I tired both of them and they are both ok but still i cant log into that site

Ed

7. greenbrucelee

I also got a 3 month trial of Nortons also, the funny thing is you can delete the version you have then reinstall it, if it came on a disk like mine and get another 3 months.

But then again I don't want to do that, but I did after it was about to run out the first time.

8. tigga

tigga New Member

Have you tried disabling the Norton firewall temporarily and see if the login on that site works then?
    Just to verify if the firewall is really the issue here...

9. Feivel

Feivel New Member

You can check whether is it caused by norton by disabling transaction security and the firewall and then try to log in. I'm guessing it's more of a popup blocker issue with your browser than something to do with Norton.

10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

im with tigga tiger... disable all firewalling software and see if that helps, also try safe mode...