Cerco Staffing - recruitment agency or just another training provider?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jo74, Nov 19, 2011.

1. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

Looked up their website (Cerco IT (Staffing Solutions) Ltd - A Unique Recruitment Solution).

Some things on it seem to suggest it's a training provider ("We may be able to provide FREE IT Training worth

£2999 and assistance finding paid work")

But on Reed, they seem to have several job opportunities U.K wide

trainee IT engineer, Job Search Results - reed.co.uk

Are these actual vacancies or if I apply, will it just turn out to be a training provider offerring some kind of assessment?

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA
  2. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Hi

I thought they were offering the course for free now; obviously it depends on your circumstances... They are a training provider and a recruiter, but it used to be that you can’t work for them if you don’t do the I.T course with them first. They have changed their name since my day and joined with another company so not sure if it’s changed now. I paid the £3000!!! It got me into IT but I think I could have done it on my own anyway to be honest. We still take on Cerco staff for numerous contracts; some of the work is actually very interesting. If they offer it you for free I would think about it, but the pay is crap, it used to be just above minimum wage but if you’re looking to get into I.T it may be worth a punt but I personally would not pay for it. (Not now anyway!)

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Personally, I think that this company has called itself Cerco in order to confuse with the company Serco, the difference being that the latter actually provide jobs and services.

Pretty cheap shot in my opinion...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. sidimmu

sidimmu Bit Poster

dont bother, "we MAY" says it all, they will want money sometime or another and several? is it that?

i know these forums hate TP's so to say, but im currently with one called FDM, give them a look!

5. Tim Holmes

Tim Holmes New Member

I am hearing the name cerco first time. I have checked the website it does not sound good for me. after my graduation, i have joined a company as a fresher and after one year, i hire a it recruitment services and get placed. They take some percentage of amount from my salary.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  6. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Cerco are the ones that always used to advertise on TV saying "the average job in IT pays £38,000" or something like that, and then showed a technician putting together a PC.