CEH

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Esses, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Esses

Esses New Member

I am going to pursue the CEH (EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacking) via self-study. Does anyone have any advice on what worked for them? Links? :hhhmmm

Certifications: Net+, Sec+
    WIP: CEH, Linux+, CAPM
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Byte Poster

Is it possible to do study for the CEH 100% via self study? I dont think your local bank or local council will be to forgiving if you hack into there network and give the excuse "it was just a practice hack" :p

Certifications: N+
    WIP: A+ Security+ ITIL V3
  3. Aara Kapur

Aara Kapur Bit Poster

This is the very important decision for your career.

I want to give you a important advice that you should have to choose right training center for this course. I can give you few training center name, you can pick anyone and start training with it.
    • Koenig Solutions
    • Simplilearn
    • Eccouncil
    • Itcareerfinder

4. kritesh anand

kritesh anand New Member

Top 7 Ethical Hacking Certifications
    1. Certified Ethical Hacking Certification.
    2. GIAC Penetration Tester.
    3. Offensive Security Certified Professional.
    4. CREST.
    5. Foundstone Ultimate Hacking.
    6. Certified Penetration Testing Consultant.
    7. Certified Penetration Testing Engineer.
    To enhance your skills or if you want to be better in hacking skills then you can join Ethical Hacking Training Company in Delhi

5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Yes there are many free 'hack the stack' tutorials where you hack a VM.

The CEH is fairly basic stuff, no reason you can't practice most of it on your own equipment.

Much of it is sniffing and probing, as long as its your own network or you have permission of the network owner to run scans you are fine. Many IT professionals run scans as part of their job and their employer is fine with it.

You can also self study and pay security training partners that provide cloud virtual networks
    or honey pots for you to hack.

JK2447 likes this.
  6. Patricknec

Patricknec New Member

I have both my CEH and CHFI and I did self study on my CEH and passed but did need some training on the CHFI