Ccnp

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by demarrer, Jul 2, 2012.

1. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Hi,

I've started on my journey to CCNP. I was wondering if any of you lot are doing the same? How's it going?

At the moment, I have decided to book the exam (route), I have got the cisco official guide and got the two books routing tcp/ip volume 1 and 2 from jeff Doyle. I purchased the videos from the bryantadvantage from the udemy website.

So much to learn it's a little daunting and the moment, but I'm sure I'll get through it.

cheers. :p

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Best advice I can give is, get yourself some kit to play with as well alongside the route lab book which is good. Failing that get hold of GNS3 at the very least to enable you to practice. Practice makes perfect and really you HAVE to practice to be able to pass that route exam.

GL though it's well worth it.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. Prog Snob

Prog Snob New Member

I started studying for the CCNP ROUTE exam a couple of weeks ago. I am in the process of shopping around for routers and switches to add to my kit. I already have two 2621XM Routers and two 2950 Switches. For now I am just going to add two more routers. Ebay has 1841s for a pretty good price so that will be my play.

As far as reading material, I am studying the Official Cert Guide from Cisco Press. I am also using the CBT Nuggets videos with Jeremy Cioara.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP ROUTE exam (Dec 2nd)
  4. davidrichards

davidrichards Bit Poster

dont forget gns3 if you cant afford to buy hardware. I actually did most of my route practise in gns3.
    I bought all this kit for my ccna and never used it for my ccnp but now I am building for ccie which is quite a list

Certifications: CCNA CCNP
    WIP: CCIE R&S
  5. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

This is currently working really well for me for ROUTE:

- Cisco ROUTE Foundation Learning Guide
    - How To Master CCNP by René Molenaar (GNS3Vault)
    - Labs from GNS3Vault.com
    - The labs and videos I still have from my ROUTE course at Commsupport.

I just read one subject and every lab I can find related to what I've just read.
    Before the exam I'll just take a day or three off and go over everything once more.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless