CCNP advice

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Pedro, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Hi there

I completed CCNA earlier this year and am now looking to do the CCNP. However I am finding it difficult to find information on where I can do this course. The CCNA was part of a degree which I have now decided not to continue. Could anyone give some advice on where I can do the CCNP?, thanks.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Greetings Pedro

Welcome to our small part of the datasphere.

It would really help if you could let us know on what part of the planet you are situated and if you want to follow a CISCO acadamy route or not?

3. Pedro

Pedro New Member

I've edited profile :D

As I did CCNA at Uni I dont really know how it is done outside of that, care to enlighten me?. I am not working atm so I have plenty of time on my hands. :oops:

WIP: CCNP
  4. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Nothin to be embarassed about mate, lucky you! :D

All the advice i can give really is you have 2 "real" choices.

You can go the self study route, e.g. buy the books, get some equipment, and get ready to spend a rather large chunk of your time studying or trying to study (I'm in the second boat myself lol). If your a self motivated person with time to spare, this is the route to go. It's allot cheaper than doin a course.

Or you can find a training provider and do it that way. It's a pretty good way to do it if you ask me, your learning is structured, and there is plenty of help and advice onhand (normally!) Also, the equipment is normally supplied in the classroom, so you don't have to go looking for deals unless you want to. However, this route tend's to be more expensive. :(

As for training provider's, i don't ive in the UK at the moment, so i can't really help you there. Try and do some research into training providers online and whatever one you choose, make sure that you are happy with everything before you sign the dotted line. Don't be afraid to ask questions, a decent trainnig provider will be able to answer them. :D

WIP: Nada
  5. Bodger

Bodger New Member

Try computeach , they provide everything and exams so maybe expensive but they are thorough