CCNA Starter

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by karl_lankford, Nov 21, 2007.

1. karl_lankford

karl_lankford Byte Poster

Hi Y'all Friendly Peeps!

im used to hiding in the MS forums - and want to start to bridge the gap between other vendors, so will take the CCNA soon.

I have picked up a cheap cisco router, and want to return it to standard config before i start playin with it.

can you give me some advice? i've never touched it before, so start with the basics!!!

Karl

Certifications: CISSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSE Upgrade
  2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

what model is it ?

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. ciscopaul

ciscopaul Bit Poster

Hi Karl,

so you have turned from the dark side of the force eh? :D

Studying for the CCNA will fill in a lot of gaps for you and surely really improve your skills and knowledge around internetworking so well done.

I'm not sure how you are studying. Is is via books, home study or a course somewhere? You are doing the right thing by playing with routers first. You will need to set your config register to 0x2142 so you can wipe off the old config. I'm hoping nobody left the password on it or you will have to perform a rommon recovery but that isn't too hard.

There are plenty of resources on the web, Videos on YouTube and you can always post questions here.

Best of luck.

4. CheeseOnToast

CheeseOnToast Nibble Poster

erase startup-config
    then
    reload

usually does it for me :D

Certifications: ITIL Foundation
    WIP: CCNA