CCNA - Network Associate Study Guide or 4 CCNA Exploration

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Tom Thielemans, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Tom Thielemans

Tom Thielemans New Member

Hello,

I would like to try and get my CCNA certification. But I have stumbled across a small hickup. In college we studied the 4 CCNA Exploration books, but this was a year ago and reading all 4 again seems a bit tedious, especially because I found this Network Associate Study Guide. This is about 1000 pages less than the CCNA Exploration books.

What would you suggest I study for my CCNA, the CCNA Exploration books (2000+ pages) or the Network Associate Study Guide (1000 pages)?

Thank you! :)

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I'm using the Cisco Press books, but again they are not that small.

It depends how much you already know and have retained I guess. I would maybe try and do a few mock exams and see where you are at, and then decide if you need to go over everything properly again or if you can just search out specific areas and so on.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. Tom Thielemans

Tom Thielemans New Member

Well it's been a while and it's mostly Network Fundamentals I have troubles with. The rest I can easily manage.
    It's weird though that the chapters and layout are so different between the two books. Just want to make sure I make the right choice if I were to choose the Study Guide instead of the 4 books.