CCNA &MCSA training providers confuse

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by homolama, Jul 24, 2009.

1. homolama

homolama New Member

hi
    sorry to be repetitive i know there where lot of reviews and debate on this topic but really this make me even more confused ;-))
    i have some experiences in IT and worked as It support for a company in London mostly windows xp and some training in Windows server 2003 and 2008-(home study) . I'm certainly not a (maestro ) professional but recently make decision to get certificate in CCNA or MCSA i read about a different training providers but come completely unclear which one to choose i been considering Skill train (no good reviews ), Firebrand (no good reviews), Joskos (no good reviews ), Advent the same thing so are they any serious i mean serious people who provide a training including hands on training , vocational training perhaps or are those nice guys all death eaten buy corporates long distance courses (self study indeed ).I never worked with Cisco routers but kind of have an idea what are they and what they do so i thought i will go for Fire Brand 6 days intensive training which looks like an option but after a search "huh" i get really scared of, of all those reviews . Would be nice if you could advice on any good training guys , or where i can get hands on cisco routers training (sure i can buy one by my self but i rather looking for something in all ready working environment) please let me know .Please i know there is lot been talked about a home studies but i looking for certificate ,do not ask why i just really would like to get to the point .Thanks very much for any cool ideas thanks .

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Most TPs are rip-off merchants quite frankly.

CCNA isn't a sensible target if your not working with Cisco kit on a regular basis.

Self-study does result in you receiving a bonified certification, the difference is you study at your own pace and book the exams when your ready through your local Prometric or Pearson Vue testing center. My suggestion is to grab yourself some study materials and go for the CompTIA A+, Network+ and MCDST certifications first.

Certification is about validating knowledge and experience rather than expanding your knowledge too considerably, you will in the course of your studies learn some things which you may not have known but thats not really the major aim of the process.

EDIT: and why not head over here and introduce yourself and be a part of the community!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You really should build a foundation first, either through experience, entry level certs (A+,N+,MCDST) or something like a HND/foundation degree.

Assuming you have a reasonable foundation you can then look at local colleges (official regulated ones with good reputations !) or a place like the OU.

There is little point going for CCNA certification unless you currently work with Cisco devices in you day to day duties at work. The qualification expires every three years.

I would seriously consider trying to improve your english and punctuation too before taking other courses ! Those are some of the longest sentences I've seen in my life !

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good advice given above. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. homolama

homolama New Member

Sorry for not introducing myself first. Will do it now.
    I studied computer science (but did not finish) and electrotechnics (which I finished) and worked with computers for years. I taught myself and have experience working with hardware as pc technician, I worked as an IT support engineer with a large network, where I learned a lot, but I do not have any certificates. I am not a genius, but I would not like to start with A+ or N+. I don`t mind self-study, but did not know about the possibility to take single exams, as you mentioned. How does it work and where can I find more information about it. BTW I do live in the UK.
    I hope my punctuation is better now...:-))

Thanks