CCNA Exam - Can you make notes before starting ?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cousty, Jan 26, 2012.

1. cousty

cousty New Member

I am about to take my 640-802 exam and have never taken any exams like this before, one question I have is before you the exam actually starts do you have time / are you allowed to write out anything.

The main thing I want to write out is a quick subnetting chart I use, whilst I'm fine subnetting in my head this just saves valuable seconds on many of the questions.

Many thanks.

2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

You are typically given a pen and paper or equivalent to use during the test should you need. There is also the registration and demo phase of the exam which doesn't count towards the exam time. I'm not sure whether walking in and writing a subnetting chart before starting would be deemed legal... probably not. Once the exam has started though I don't see why not. It might require closer inspection of the exam rules or asking the procter (if there is one) for an official view.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What he said.

You'll generally be given a dry wipe board and pen if you need to scribble or work things out during the exam - but you certainly aren't allowed to take anything with notes on in with you. No pens, paper, mobile devices etc etc.

But yes, once the exam has started you can frantically scribble down anything that you are trying to maintain in memory before it vanishes.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Just write it down during the introduction slides or example exam... Never had anyone make a problem of it.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless