CCNA Exam Booked

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kevicho, Aug 4, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Sad to report i was 21 marks from a passing score.

Made a bit of a hash regarding the time left, thinking i didnt have the time i stupidly skipped a sim, also made a really bad start.

Still going to retake in a couple of weeks.

Oh well

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. deadzebra

deadzebra Bit Poster

Sorry to hear that. Keep up the hard work. At least you don't have to pay for your next attempt. My ICND2 is booked for Aug26. Now that you have taken this exam what's your thoughts on it compared to ICND1/CCENT?

NIck.

Certifications: CCENT, Network+, MCP, SCSP, BTEC
    WIP: CCNA
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

It was a lot more indepth and the sims were more hands on.

All I can say is your Troubleshooting skills need to be good.

Ive rebooked for the 1st September, which is my first day of "unemployement"

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  4. SuPaStA

SuPaStA Nibble Poster

Good luck with the re-take.Dont skip the sims as they count for a lot.

Certifications: CCNA,MCSE,ITIL,Server+,Security+,N+...
    WIP: CCNP
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear it, but at least you saw your flaw... Time management (at least based on what you said).
    Best of luck in your next attempt. 8)

6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Thanks all

To say ive been kicking myself is an understatement lol

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... subnetting in your head is an absolute must, if you don't already have that skill down cold. You don't have any wiggle room as far as time is concerned, so every advantage you can get will help. Knowing how to navigate quickly through the IOS is another bonus.

Best of luck on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Funnily enough I finished the exam with about 15 mins left, a moment of madness really, oh well after a day the adrenaline has gone and i know my weak points but it could have been a lot worse.

9. deadzebra

deadzebra Bit Poster

[ICND2 Rescheduled for 2nd September]

Certifications: CCENT, Network+, MCP, SCSP, BTEC
    WIP: CCNA
  10. BosonThomas

BosonThomas New Member

The CCNA cert is quite hard as opposed to the N+. As BosonM says, subnetting in your head is an absolute must. There is no leeway with the time frame and its only get about 60 sec per question.
    Im sure youll pass with ease next time!

11. BosonMichael

Holy crap... the last writer of the apocalypse - I mean, the Cisco development team - arriveth. Although this isn't a welcome thread... welcome to CertForums, bro!

Unlike with BosonBill, I can actually vouch for this guy. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

BosonQs has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  13. BosonMichael

Thinking about emigrating to the US? ;)

14. Qs

Right I'm off to the US to go stay with John Bon Jo... I mean BosonMichael. :p

Now... where'd I put my passport...

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  15. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Passed the retake.

Driving next

16. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  17. BosonMichael

Congrats!

18. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done on the pass! :D

How much time did you have left?

19. Qs

Welcome to the club. :)

20. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

20 mins, didnt skip any sims this time lol

My mind was kinda elsewhere, my newborn niece is in intensive care, so I kinda dedicated the pass to her beforehand.

Guess it puts a lot of things into perspective and affirms your belief in life being a precious thing.