CCNA course, what to do?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Beany, Aug 25, 2010.

1. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Cioara can do what he likes in my opinion.... His analogies are just brilliant therefore he is! he referenced a microwave replacement/engineer visit to networking technology which was excellent!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, neither your opinion, my opinion, nor Jeremy's opinion matters... it matters only what Cisco's opinion is. If Cisco wants to allow him to do it, they can do so - it's their IOS.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

To the original poster that does seem like a long time for those courses. The pricing sounds like it is comparable to the university I am attending although the courses at the university I've gone back to count towards a degree not sure if that is the case with the ones you are looking at. The courses are basically broken into three sections for the CCNA. The first semester which is somewhere around 4 months is ICND1 the second is basically ICND2 and another 4 months and the third which I will be taking next summer will be a bit shorter and is basically a review course. The first two courses are 4 credit hours (don't know how that would compare to credits in the UK) and the third is 1 credit hour. In order to get an A in the last course you have to obtain the CCNA. So within a years time we are expected to obtain the CCNA. I'm hoping to sit the ICND1 in the next couple months and then I should have lots of time to use the lab in my studies for the ICND2.

Even though most of my costs for the classes are being covered by a grant I still think it's worth the money. I have access to packet tracer and all the Cisco Net academy stuff online. We have an online lab at the school that we have access to 24/7 and there is a nice hands-on lab at the school that we have access to. The instructor is very accessible he will even make an appointment to come up to the school and work with you in the lab or work on whatever on a Sunday.

I'm actually quite excited about being back in school though some of the traditional courses feel a bit daunting since it's been so long since I have been in school. I did well in the first semester back though an A in the programming class and an A in the political science class.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA