CCNA and the Open University

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Sandy, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Karamac

Karamac New Member

I am registering for this course starting Feb 2009 as part of my degree - any feedback on it, must be about finished now?

2. David_Sussex

David_Sussex New Member

I've just registered for the Feb 2009 one too. Anyone finished the previous one and passed the exam?

Is 12 hours a week study really enough?

David

Certifications: MCDST MCP City and Guilds 712 Networking
    WIP: soon to start CCNA
  3. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

That is interesting, and probably hugely useful. You can feel confident that if the OU are teaching it, you'll be really learning the material. Still, sucks that I've just paid out over a grand to go away on a residential course, and am enrolled with the OU for something else entirely.

*Sigh*.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  4. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Really, how far of a step? Is it the networking itself, or the fact that you're using Cisco stuff to do it with?

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  5. morph

morph Byte Poster

i did my network plus just under a year ago - and i'd say the ccna is quite a step up - u start getting into subnetting properly and switch and router configs, but then it does depend on how u find the network + and how well u deal with looking at new stuff. I had to take a 5 day boot camp 4 months after doing my network+ - didnt quite get the ccna, but now i'm home studying, and thinhgs r working alot better in my head, finally learning and rekon i'll have it by the end of feb next year :)

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  6. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

WOW a resurrected Sandy post!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...