CCNA 3 Practical

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by MMarsden, Dec 5, 2006.

1. MMarsden

MMarsden New Member

Hi People, if anyone can point me to some quality practice papers for the CCNA 3 (switching basics) practical you would be saving my life cos Ive got to do it in two weeks and havent got a clue what is in it.

Thanks in advance.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can I assume that you are doing the Cisco Network Academy?

If that is the case then what have you been doing through the chapter tests, the labs that are in the book, and the online virtual labs?

It is the content of the book that you should be focused on, not what might be on the test.

3. MMarsden

MMarsden New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will go back through the online material and lab manual over the next fortnight. I would still like to do a practice paper first, if only to raise my confidence going into the real thing.

4. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

Do you know how to physically connect a switch to a switch and router to a switch?

Do you know why you would trunk?

Do you know what encapsulation you should use? Do you know the difference between Dot1q and ISL?

Do you know what a switching loop is and how to avoid it?

Can you define and setup spanning tree?

What is a VLAN and why are they used?

How can you ensure that all the VLANs are syncronized on your switches without you having to touch each one?

What are the pitfalls of VTP?

Do you know the logic that a switch performs to send the information on?

Do you know what an unknown unicast flood is?

How is a switch elected the root bridge in regards to STP?

How do you route between vlans? How do you set it up?

These are the things I would look into. I don't know if that answers your questions though. These are not test questions but subjects and main topics involved in Lan switching. Hope it helps!

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall