CCENT - Just not getting it

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Oct 29, 2017.

1. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

Please bear in mind that the less questions you have in your practice test, the higher the pass rate is so don't worry if it says you've failed, even if you get 8 questions correct out of 10.

I used to do short 5 questions and you would literally have to get 5/5 to get it to pass.

I would say if you're getting more than half correct, you should be fine.

Jaron78 likes this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I think this is wise mate if you don't feel ready. I wouldn't recommend you don't wait too long however as your memory will only hold so much for so long.

I think to be fair to these exam makers. It's very much each to their own. I've tried Boson and Transender and passed exams on the back of them. I also think if you look at how long these companies have been in business, it says a lot. It's like anything isn't it. One book does wonders for one candidate and nothing for another, with one exception. I've never heard anyone not love the Mike Meyers A+ book ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Jaron78 likes this.
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Dont get me started on why Mike Meyers book is the worst study tool ever..

4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

How come mate? I loved Myers A+ and N+ personally.

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

@Jaron78 and @JK2447 Ok, well I can only speak on his last two A+ books, as I've not looked into his N+ content...as a book to sit down and read over a period of 10 years, its good! but as a study tool that you need to pass the A+ its terrible, its filled with so much fluff that you will endup missing valid points, one section I remember was literally every single detail on how RAM works and then he goes on to discuss a whole family and history of RAM for a solid 10 pages before ending it in "you wont need these details to pass the exam". I really like his Udemy courses (I specifically logged in tonight to watch his A+ videos) but his All-In-One book is just not what you need for the exam.. I really don't want to read 5 thick pages on the history of RAMBUS. I think if you have never done more than browse the net on a PC then maybe its a good book for you to just read, but as an exam tool I really don't think its a good book. This is just my opinion I'm sure many would disagree..

Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Fair enough mate.

His Udemy videos are great.

7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah currently going through his hardware content.. makes more sense now I actually work in IT.. the networking parts is what will get me I recon.

Jaron78 likes this.
  8. Jaron78

I always put networking off mate. Subnetting for example scared the life out of me.

Wish I had done it sooner. Any questions, you know where I am :)

Juelz likes this.
  9. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks, just noticed you have your A+, do you remember the resources you used?

Jaron78 likes this.
  10. Jaron78

Messer for the Videos and Meyers for Book mate :)

11. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah I will be heading for Pro Messer videos after I'm done with the Meyers ones, I also have certblaster practice software, messers notes and his 700 pdf practice exam questions.. before taking the exam were you already working in IT? this is my first current role where I deal with hardware, my last job was application support, didn't really touch any hardware tbh.. a drop of networking was involved but it mainly involved correcting small-scale DNS issues.

12. Jaron78

No mate, I had no IT experience at all.
    Was my first Qualification, then got a job based off of that.

JK2447 and Juelz like this.