CCENT at last :)

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by MadMat, Oct 26, 2010.

1. MadMat

MadMat Bit Poster

Passed ICND1 today with a score of 937/1000

Finally got my first certification under my belt:D

Time to start revising for ICND2 - just how much tougher is it ?

Mat

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

Congrats! Is switching and vlan's in the first test or in the second?? Just wondering..
    I do CCNA exploration in self study. In exploration this stuff is in CCNA3 (from 4). But someone told me in discovery it starts with switching and than routers. In exploration its first routers and than switching.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
  4. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

CCNA exploration is broken up like this: Network Fundamentals > LAN Switching and Wireless > Routing Protocols and Concepts > Accessing the WAN.

However I believe it may be up to the instructor as to whether or not Routing comes before Switching. The main difference as it seems to me is that in the discovery version after the first 2 sections you would have covered everything on the ICND1. Then the next 2 sections are ICND2 topics. With exploration you don't get everything you need for the ICND1 until you have gone through at least parts of all 4 sections.

As I understand it there is plenty of switching stuff on ICND1 but setting up VLAN's is more of an ICND2 topic. You may want to go to the Cisco site and take a look at the objectives for the two tests.

I don't understand how you can do CCNA exploration as self-study. The books are pretty worthless without the accompanying labs and graphics that you get online.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  5. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

Well, i did ccna1 exploration and ccna2 exploration in classroom. I completed the courses with high scores. After CCNA2 the lessons stops, but we have entrance for 1 year more to the labs and graphics online. So i can do CCNA3 and CCNA4 in self-study. I can also send a mail to the instructor and than i can do the chapter tests online at home. For the final theory test and the final practice tests, i have to go to the study center.

I hope you understand what i mean.. 8)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
  6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

ah I see. It's nice to have access to all the sections online. I've been skipping around trying to hit all the stuff that is on the ICND1. I plan on taking it in about a week.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  7. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass! I'm taking it in a week or two! :)

For the question: ICND1 does cover switching. It also gives a basic understanding of the VLAN concepts, and the configuration of VLAN1 for remote management, but it does not go indepth into the configuration of VLAN's in itself. That's reserved for ICND2.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congrats on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  10. MadMat

MadMat Bit Poster

I did the Exploration version of the Cisco academy, which doesn't exactly match up with the two seperate exams, but the exam seemed to have a bit of everything in it, IP Addressing, routing, Switching, WLAN and security.

Would also say that the real test seemed a lot easier than the practice test on the CD in the Cisco ICND1 book!

Mat

Certifications: CCENT
  11. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Congrats man!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  14. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs