Can't view CCNA Exploration from my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by david248005, Oct 17, 2008.

1. david248005

david248005 Bit Poster

Hi All

Tricky one here.

Currently doing the ccna exploration course. It is an online education course ad I have a crappy 3G modem which is soooooooo slow. I decided to download the course from a torent site so I could run it fom the hard drive.

I had a legit winows Xp Pro with Sp2 installed but it would not play. i adjusred all the ie settings to enable active x etc but still no avail. tried it in another half dozen computer including vista but no go. The Index page loads but when you go to launch course nothing happens.

As a last resort I installed "XP Pro Essential" which is a hacked version. Lo and behold it work perfectly.

My question is, obviously there is some security setting that is different but I can't fathom out which.

Can someone advise me hoe I can compare the sttings or shed some light on the matter.

It works great from the hard drive!

cheers

WIP: MCDST, OU T175 & M150,
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep not to use illegal and hacked software :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. david248005

david248005 Bit Poster

You're missing the point. The "hacked" softwre plays it ok. I'm sure the legit one will as well. I just need to fathom out the differences in the security settings or some other settings. There is nothing wrong in downloading a site onto your hard drive for personal use. I have paid for the course after all

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

well..

Your legit copy of XP pro doesn't come with the following stuff by default. One of the following may be the reason. :rolleyes:

What's Added:
    .NET Framework Versions 1.1 & 2 With All of Their Updates
    Mircrosoft Visual C++ Runtimes
    Microsoft Visual J#
    K-Lite Mega Codec Pack v2.01
    DirectX v9.1.3
    Flash Player v9.0.28
    Windows Media Player 11
    Internet Explorer 7
    Foxit v2.2 (For viewing PDF's)
    Numerous Tweaks to Registry to Enhance Usability

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

david248005,

You should be accessing the CCNA Exploration curriculum material at http://cisco.netacad.net .

Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed on your computer?

You should delete the unauthorized material on your hard drive immediately.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  6. david248005

david248005 Bit Poster

Cheers Bluerinse.
    Didn't intend this to be turn out to be an anti piracy post.
    Was merely interested in the educational part of the differences between the two operating systems.
    I had looked at all teh settings that I could think of. I know the answer is there, I was merely looking for some direction. :rolleyes:

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, paying for the course doesn't necessarily allow you to download the content to your computer. Even though you paid for a course, you don't OWN the content. Copyright Law grants you only certain rights to something you don't own. And if you're downloading something off a torrent site, then you're obviously not going through proper channels to get the content... and thus, you're most likely downloading it illegally.

No, you didn't intend for this to become a discussion on the legalities of downloading the content... but in truth, you're asking us to help you do something that is against the law... so that's a facet that cannot be ignored.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!