Can't access my email

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by flex22, Oct 31, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I had Outlook Express on my laptop, used for my two main email accounts.
    As my laptop died the other day, I decided to set up these accounts on the PC I'm using now.

I received the email from one account.

However in the other account, Outlook Express asks for the username and password, and when I enter this and click ok it's just unresponsive.

So I decided to go to my ISP's website and see if I can access my emails via webmail.It says that I'm already logged in elsewhere (must mean OE on my laptop I think) so I can't access this account that way also.

Thought I'd ask here for a quick reply, rather than email my ISP (5 days for a response, no thanks).

I can't understand how I've managed to access one account and not the other.Both of these email accounts are provided by my ISP, ie: (name I choose)@tiscali.co.uk

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Quick thought, Flex (as I'm with Tiscali too) - can't you log onto your Control Panel (under My Account, I believe) and if need be reset your password there ? And make sure your entering the username in the right format (stating the bleeding obvious, I know, but I've been there too :oops: )

Here's an idea, what with your forthcoming exam - try and telnet into your account. If you can get into it that way, then you know something is set up wrong in OE. Just a thought ....
    HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I have to log into my account in order to change anything.I can't log in.

Telnet, well never used that before, but might look for tutorials on the net.
    I can't see how I could have set it up wrong.You see I set these two accounts up one after the other, following the same procedures.
    One account no problems, the other one's being a bar steward.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Under the Servers tab of Account properties, are either the "Secure Password Authentication" and "My Outgoing Server requires authentication" ticked? If so, untick and try again.

As always, I have to ask what AV and firewall s/w your using ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity