Can You Tell The Difference?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Feb 11, 2008.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Today when I woke up at 6am to a freezing cold sunny morning. I didn’t want to get out of bed, but I knew I had to in order to scrape the ice off the car windows.:(

I thought to myself just 10 minutes more in this nice warm bed.

I live in a terraced house and the walls are almost paper-thin and you can hear people walking up and down stairs or switching a tap on or even putting the TV on!:dry

10 more minutes I thought!

I then heard a scream and some moaning, at first I thought some lucky bast@rd is getting their leg over:twisted: and what a good way to start a Monday morning. :p:twisted: But has the heavy breathing, moans and groans continued I started to wonder. :blink
    After 15 minutes the screams where so loud I decided to put on the radio, while eating my breakfast.

After 40 minutes I thought to myself something not right here and carried on getting ready for work. By the time I had got outside to scrape the ice off my car I noticed an Ambulance outside my neighbours drive. One of the other neighbours came over to me and told me that the husband had heart attack and his wife was in shock and stood there screaming her head off while he laid on the bed gasping for air.

Oh eck!

So my question is this what would you have done?

Can You Tell The Difference from someone having sex or a heart attack?

I have just moved into the area so still not sure of my neighbours. But if you heard some moaning and groaning next door would you have phoned for an ambulance? Then again what if they where having sex and you phone ambulance because you thought something was wrong? How would you explain that one to the neighbour?:blink:biggrin

Have you ever got involved with your neighbour’s troubles or do just ignore it and hope someone else will sort out the problem??

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Be ignorant...but not totally ignorant...make out you are just going for a walk or going to the car...as if not paying attention but at the same time u r paying attention. If they see you and lets say they are having sex...then fine...go back in and thats that...however if it was the case where someone did have a fatal accident of some sort...if they come out and tell u that something that has happened...then take action...I sometimes do this...altho most of the time i can hardly tell...altho I know for a fact if someone had an accident in my building...it would be known very quickly as I kow someone will knock on my door the second something happened.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Wow, thats what they call a bad start to the week. It is a really tough situation, because your mind will think they're having sex long before you suspect any troubles like a heart attack. The problem is, even if you did suspect a problem, his wife is there, you can't *really* go knocking on the door asking if everything is ok, not nowadays anyway. (How old do I sound?!)

When I was younger, I heard a knocking on my wall at about 1am, luckily I went and got my dad who decided to knock the door down and call an ambulance. Difference there was that my dad had a good "neighbourly" relationship and looked out for this guy, as he was an OAP living on his own. He had fallen over and hurt himself, so right decision. But then as you say, what if my dad was wrong? Its a tough one!

:)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks mate:thumbleft

but your right, things have changed in society, do we really know who we are living next door to??:blink

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Could you not have hitched a lift to work in the ambulance, since you work at the hospital. that way you wouldn't have had to de-ice the car! :biggrin

sorry to hear about your neighbour by the way.

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

LOL:biggrin:p That's classic! yeah I guess I could of caught a lift with them and saved some petrol there!

I must admit there is a funny side to it as well as a serious side:blink8)

7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

My thoughts too. Society may have changed but it's still good form to keep an eye out on your neighbours. That said if I was hearing the same kind of moans and grunts my first reaction would be that next door were having it off too.

Sorry to hear about your neighbour, hope all is well.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, this may all have started out as an erotic adventure for your neighbors and it turned bad when he started having a heart attack during "the act" (it's not the first time such a thing has happened). Sorry about your neighbor and I hope things turn out ok.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Hope things turn for the best... but if I was in your situation, I'd do the same. Honestly, I wouldn't have waited as long as you did before the radio came on; especially if someone else was at the house and they didn’t come for help. :blink

Saying that, there's no way I'd hear my neighbor doing anything in their privacy - so I'd never know... and that's perfect! :)

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not sure there was any way you could have known that there was real trouble, and if you had, I'm not sure there was much more that you could have done. Certainly the wife was capable of making the emergency call, as evidenced by the arrival of the ambulance. :brancard

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!