Can Tech-Unity be Saved?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Aug 4, 2008.

1. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Yep I know what you mean a lot of us had a lot to do with the site going back a few years. However so much in real life takes over and I can see Tom's problem too well - also being a S-mod there.

After I wound back my committment to T-U to take over MCSEworld in January 2007 I ran into the same problem - there is only one of me and I have so much other stuff to do also.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  2. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

It is sad to see a thriving forum / list / newsgroup slow down, but it happens. Some places have a natural ebb and flow, and the key thing I have seen is that one place slows down, another gets busy. Often it is the same people that are involved in the new place but they still remember 'the old days' ... and there is nothing wrong with that!

For some people the hard part is losing the community of friends, because not everyone splits off to the new place ... for others it is losing the discussions.

Sometimes it is just nice to pop into somewhere new and just enjoy the atmosphere ... sort of why I lurk and loiter. I also know that come 20 years time I will still chat with some people from here, but it may be on another site yet to be thought ... possibly even discussing technology or activities yet to be designed.

Lament for the places that have gone ... but smile for all the new opportunities that are out there and the friends we have in the here and now.