Can someone help me please?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by nephilim, Nov 23, 2010.

1. nephilim

nephilim Bit Poster

I am on Semester 4 for CCNA Exploration, and I cant seem to get my head around the mock practical.

I am using packet tracer. I know the whole thing is logical and "should" be easy to do but with the stresses I have at work I just cant seem to get it right.

Would someone mind taking a look at the practical and give me some help? (even if you give me guidance on how to do it!)

Attached Files:

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCSE,
    WIP: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCDBA
  2. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Which parts are your stuck on in particular ? I could complete it for you and provide you with the packet tracer file, but that way you wouldn't learn anything

The instructions seem quite clear, is it the commands you are having trouble with or the actual physical layout ?

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  3. nephilim

nephilim Bit Poster

Well I have the packet tracer layout. I have no issues if you want to do that, as I can watch the whole sequence in progress, and see where I am going wrong, so I would learn. You could mod the file so its locked to read only or whatever. I just want to be able to see someone elses sequence and see where I am going wrong.

Seems like my commands are wrong, but they are right when I try on a physical machine! So I'm baffled.

4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

What is it that isn't working though, are you seeing all the routes you expect, are you able to ping the end user devices. Are the required access lists working etc ?

If it's working on real equipment but not on packet tracer I wouldn't worry too much about it. Packet tracer is unreliable at times. I sometimes find that you have to save the config on the routers then restart them to get things to work.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  5. nephilim

nephilim Bit Poster

The trouble I have is that I have just 1 router in my home lab! So I can test the commands on it no problem.

The issue with packet tracer is that the commands "look" like they are working, but when it comes to testing, it falls on itself so it wont work. I am at a loss. I even got my colleague to have a look and he cant see the fault. He agrees that if I had a PT file to look at, I can see where I am going wrong, and if PT is corrupted.

6. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Are you able to attach your .pkt file on here ? I'm sure myself or one of the others would be happy to load them up and take a quick look when we've got a spare moment.