can A+ get you into university?

Discussion in 'A+' started by minkey, Nov 24, 2007.

1. minkey

minkey Bit Poster

I have a question

If I pass A+ would it help me get into unviersity. I really wanna go there next year or year after.

Certifications: dove-dipolma of vocational education
    WIP: COMPTIA A+ with equals
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Don’t think it would do mate, check the requirements for the course you want to do though.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I doubt it as it is a certification not a qualification.

But I would be suprised if an IT tutor at a further education college didnt accept it to get into a GNVQ IT course and a GNVQ IT will get you in to Uni as thats how I did it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

What do you want to study at University?

Given the 'entry level' nature of the A+, I don't think that alone would help you get on a degree course. The A+ coupled with work experience might; my other half has been accepted on an Electrical Engineering degree based on his having an ONC and 8 years of work experience in his field.

If you want to do a degree but think you might not have the qualifications necessary, why don't you look at signing yourself up for some Open University courses?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA