Buying an iPod...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Lord Deckard, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

This is probably mainly aimed at NoelG24! After having to buy a new car stereo when my old one finally imploded, my shiny new one has an iPod connector so I'm looking at the 80gb iPod video. Now, I know there was an update late this year that added more search functionality and a brighter screen. Was this purely a software update that added a brightness setting and the new search or was it more hardware? Aside from actually getting my hands on the iPod, is there any way of telling beforehand when it was manufactured or what version it is?
    Please, no one rush to answer this as I'm trying *not* to spend the cash, but I do so want one. Shiny new electric goods, hmmmm :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

the 80GB ipod is the latest gen, the older one was pure 30 gb and 60gb (i have a 60)

it was mainly a software update unlike the new nanos that were pretty much rebuilt from scratch

infact i have the new search feature on mine new with the software update, althjo not sure about the screen

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Cheers Phoenix, looks like I'm going shopping later!

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA