Buy 2 get 1 free!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Ross, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

I've read quite a few threads about Computeach and to be honest was dreading the guy coming around. Overall I felt the discussion went very, very well!!!

Yes he was a little bit of a show off, dribbled on and on and would not let me get a word in edge ways. Apart from that, the whole package seems the best!

Books, CDs, downloading lessons one by one, free copy of XP Pro not to mention other software. Careers advice, interview skills, 14 days workshops, free anti static mats, test pass guarantee, unlimited time on course completion blah blah blah.

What did interest me was that fact he can offer me three qualifications, MCSA, MCSE and MCDBA, all for £3400.

Apparently by replacing:

70-299 with 228

70-294 with 229

70-298 with 297

This enables me to get MCDBA tagged on the end of MCSA/MCSE.

So I get three qualifications for the price of two?

Is this just sales man talk or is it legit?

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  2. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

It will be legit. Using MCSA as an example, depending on what electives you choose you could get a MCSA & MSDBA for 5 exams ( MCSA is 4 ) as all but 1 MCDBA exams map to the MCSA (70-229).

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  3. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

free copy of XP Pro ???

Theres a thread on the Computeach forums reguarding the fact that we have to supply our own copy.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  4. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Agreed Stu (although couldn't find the thread on the site)

Certainly didn't get a free copy of XP Pro with my Computeach course (and wasn't promised one). Bought one myself just after signed up with them.

Understand that the test pass guarantee means they won't let you near a Microsoft exam until you score 90% plus on a mock (including >80% in each section).

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I've heard a lot of people say that the mock is overly hard and you have to get 90% before they allow you to do the real thing. A few people have given up on the mock and just taken the exams anyway at their own expense. Whilst if I was going to use a training company I do think your picking the right Cert to do as in my opinion using a training company for doing something like an A+ is a waste of money.

I would check into the free copy of XP I suspect that if you do get one it will probably be a time limited valuation copy and not the full thing. I've been stung before when I did a course I was promised discount vouchers which I never got and because it wasn't written in black and white there was nothing I could do about it. For £3k+ make sure you go through ALL the small print as you don't want anything coming back to haunt you in the future once you have signed the forms.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011