BT Anywhere, Yeah, right

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by Juspaul, May 25, 2008.

1. Juspaul

Juspaul Bit Poster

I've recently tried to upgrade my BT Total Broadband to the new BT Anywhere.

After 2 hours of phone calls it turns out I can't have it! The reason is I already have a BT Fusion mobile phone, and according to the rules you can't have two mobile phones registered to the same person from the same supplier (evn though I want to keep the old one for the wife), incidently my current phone costs £19 per month on top of my total broadband.

Be warned if you're considering upgrading to anywhere.

Also read up about the new black hub, from what I gathered the box transmits part of its bandwidth to the public to create a wireless hot spot. Makes you wonder how much of your own bandwidth suffers as a result.

Hopefully that may have saved others 2 hours wasted on the phone (although it is 0800, still makes your ear burn though, lol)

Certifications: C&G Print Origination
    WIP: A+, CIW