Broken ribs

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by MrNerdy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

The other day i had to go to A&E with severe chest pains after an accident at work. At first it was thought it was a heart attack, but after a few x-rays & blood tests it was found to be a few broken ribs!

So i may not be around for a while sitting up hurts so spending a lot of time in bed. Hurts when i cough, breathe, eat etc.:cry:

So lots of time to learn subnetting & hex:blink

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

How did you manage to do that?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

At least it's not fatal. A heart attack can be. Be thankful. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear dat. But how did you break them though ? You didn't get into a fight or something ?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sorry to hear about the broken ribs, get well :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

A freak accident whilst mowing the grass, always thought i was a dangerous thing to do!!
    Been told it will take a few weeks to heal.

7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

You were mowing the grass atwork WTF? I know it has electrical and mechancal *stuff* inthere, and peeps do call I.T. for stuff, but that is seriously, taking the pi$$!

hope you recovery soon - at least the weather decent

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Yeah...this I've got to hear. Why were you moving grass at work and how is it dangerous?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I'm just coming to the end of a temp job i had (not in IT).
    I was helping my boss to connect up some machinery when it seems i slipped & fell heavily on my side. Now all OK but no lifting for a while.

10. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Sounds like you need to take a fortnight off under pay and do your certs at the same time....

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sympathies, MrNerdy ... I've broken 2 (separately) in the last few years, and it's nae fun !!! At the time, I was still smoking, so coughing was a nightmare. Physical work is also mind-numbing :cry:

Painkillers and rest are about as much as the hossie will give you, but allow me to recommend a strap support for your ribcage, despite what the docs say. It really does help (don't wear it too tight) until the rib(s) fuse again.

HTH

Dr Jak 8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

hope u feel better soon mate, get some reading done :biggrin

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  13. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

hows the ribs ?

i know how you feeling, i've been immobilised recently too, tore a ligament in my knee playing football, so was shacked up on the sofa playing computer games for nearly 2 weeks :)

i dont know how i managed to find this thread by searching for subnetting lol

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeps, I've been there too. Believe it or not, a couple of years ago a broke a rib SNEEZING!

Though if you've heard me sneeze that probably isn't that unbelievable - I sometimes sneeze about a hundred times in ten minutes - and they are ridiculously loud.

ALso, when i were a kid, I tore my ACL playing football. Couldn't walk properly and still can't run on it at any more than 90%. Shame really, cos I was very fit when i was young, but as soon as I did that I started to get fat, lazy, discovered beer and computers and that was it!

Hope the ribs are better anyhoo!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  15. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

been 3 and a half weeks now and i'm still using a knee support to walk to work. the first doc said 6-8 weeks and the second said maybe up to 12 weeks till i recover which is frustrating as the footie season kicks off in 3 weeks :(

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  16. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I can imagin breaking a rib must of hurt. It never happened to me (thank god) and I hope it doesn't. But these days with sports you never know. I constantly play soccer and Kick boxing, tae kwon do and I do get hit in the chest a quite a few times. Got to be careful I guess.

Anyways hope your recovery goes well and you will be up on your feet in no time.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA