British Computer Society

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jada, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Jada

Jada Bit Poster

Is anyone a member of the BCS ? If yes what are the benefits and would you recommend it joining.

Thanks

Jada

WIP: A+, N+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Now this is when we need our Sandy to appear on the scene.... He is a Member and will answer your questions for sure, Jada.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Been a member since I graduated, just renewed my membership today as it happens (MBCS).

A few of the perks are discounted software and training. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Im currently undergoing review for my upgrade from MBCS to MBCS CITP (Chartered Member) and have to say that the BCS offers an insight into IT that I had not seen before,

Helping me to both build a network of contacts across the industry, as well as increase my professionalism and management expertise

I'd recommend it to anyone wishing to further there career in IT

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

Yes I'm a member (student rate).

You get a newsletter sent out several times a year; some interesting reading.
    There are local BCS clubs where you can attend and listen to speakers talking about certain IT related subjects for FREE and you often get the coffee free too :D

What the others said. :rolleyes:

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  6. MattyW

MattyW Bit Poster

I've been a student member for the past 3 years. It's frustrating that I don't have the means to travel to all the meetings that would interest me but the information I get from them through newsletters and such is very interesting and useful.

Certifications: BSc