Breaking in to the IT Market

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by marque, Apr 11, 2011.

1. marque

marque New Member

Good Day to you All

I am looking forward to talking and hopefully getting some good advice.

Currently out of work have been in a job with no promotion for the past five years time to take a new direction I have an Electronic background in IC's and PC chips but haven't use this in over ten years.

I am looking for a job that will give me the training and the entry level needed to progress in this line of work I would love to do the CompTIA courses but monies is a problem right now I have been invited to an interview with Cerco is this a good move?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

If monies an Issue then signing up to a training provider becomes another issue, as it will cost you more for longer.

You can do the A+/Net+ (in fact most IT exams - unless you have to do a course first) via self study, you just buy the book and pay for the exams, with a training providor you do both.

if you are struggling for money to pay for exams then maybe getting any work, call centre/data entry etc will help in the meantime

Moneysavingexpert.com is a good site to help you with your finances.

I personally dont think the cerco is a good move

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. marque

marque New Member

Thank you for the advice