Braindump's wanted!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Asterix, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

:cheers

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Crazy... I'll be honest, I haven't met many IT professionals with certifications where I live, I am sure there are lots. But people here, especially in the work force definitely do know what brain dumps are. Glad Cisco takes this seriously, it gives us a chance to truly work and earn the certification.

I remember in school, there were a few people with MCSE and CCNA who passed the exams using braindumps. 4 years later, they are still searching for work last I heard.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This paragraph is full of WIN. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Nibble Poster

these 'paper MCSA's / MCSE's' who actually find a decent job and stay in it, how do they actually manage to do the job?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCTS 70-659, Oracle, SQL, ITIL
  5. neil987

neil987 New Member

A friend of mine knew a bloke (NO it isn't me) who had his CCNA gained in rather dubious circumstances. This bloke worked as a contractor and offered his services with an embellished CV as well concerning his work experiences.

Anyway, his CV was generally enough to get him an interview and he looked at it as practice. If he got the job, it usually didn't last long, but he was getting a bit better at keeping them each time as he knew how to do a bit more on real life kit every job. Some jobs didn't last the first day to start with.

After 6 months of this, he had managed to not upset any particular agency or client by getting binned too often, and was actually able to keep a contract job for a few weeks at least.

As you can cover up getting binned from contract jobs a lot easier than a permie can, and he was prepared to do whatever was needed to get his foot in the door, his use of braindumps and lack of experience to back up his cert was only a minor inconvenience that he managed to overcome.

I am not a Cisco bod, but is it true that you are "supposed" to be certified to work on their kit? If this is true, then a braindumper with a cert will always get looked at.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST
  6. BosonMichael

Getting a job isn't the same as doing the job... or doing the job well. Sadly, some managers don't know the difference. Many do... but some don't.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. BosonMichael

Not at all. Do you have to be A+ certified to touch a desktop? Do you have to be Microsoft certified to administer Windows servers? Course not.