Braindump's wanted!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Asterix, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Ha, I bet that title got you all vexed!
    I'm leaving my current job next week to start a new one and a colleague of mine is a self confessed brain dumper, I mean he openly admits in front of the whole IS department that he only read the MS press book for 70-291 and found dumps on 'exam collections' and passed within 1 month with a score of 975! He doesn't have any previous server experience and laughs at the fact it took me about 3/4 months of 3 hours a day! his previous exams results for the 70-270 + 70-290 we over 950 also! (must have failed on the simulations, haha).
    He does seem very proud of his efforts and has emailed the whole IS teams in all our offices to let them know that he is now an MCSA, bought the krispy Kremes and even spent £10 on the official MCSA certificate. Although nobody has had the bottle to call him a cheat and that the cert is worthless! Is there an official body you can complain to about a braindumper as it is unfair and dis-values the cert for all REAL cert holders who have legitimately passed?

2. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Microsoft will ban anybody found using braindumps and decertify them for life

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-policies.aspx

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  3. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Don’t stress about it, you are moving on anyway. The guy sounds like a complete moron!

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'd kick him in the nuts and chin him :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

To be honest I have a case with Microsoft about recieiving BrainDumps through a Tp and they havent done NOTHING about it. They make money on people that take the exams. Hes only cheating himself at the end of the day mate I would just leave it, when people say to him well you studied that for the 270 show me how I would do this he would be stuck.

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  7. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Maybe you guys are right and I should let it slide, after all he won't get promoted if everyone knows.......... and im moving on anyway!......... although a large part of me (90%) would like to stick the boot in if possible!

8. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It’s not worth it mate. The bottom line is the guy still won’t have a clue about supporting servers\networks anyway.

The 70-291 is one of the harder MS exams and if done properly can really help your knowledge of Server 2003. Shame that so many peeps take the easy option with the BDs.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would e-mail [email protected]: link

Regardless of whether Microsoft does anything or not, it won't be your fault that nothing was done about this doofus. Evil is allowed to triumph when good men stand idly by and do nothing.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

LOL he wont last long trust me...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You'd be surprised...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

That's really sad. Kinda sucks for those who deserve it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This. Idiot techs survive far longer than they should because of idiot managers.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Just move on and forget about him.

He will fall flat on his face when he has to deal with the technologies in the books or he already is doing the job in which he has just wasted himself mony to get a bit of a4 paper.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  15. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Wait, so he's told everyone, including managers, that he cheated on his exams? And nobody has the balls to fire him for it?

Oh dear...

Have you tried explaining to the managers that what he's doing is in direct violation of Microsoft's imposed certification guidelines, and that by cheating, it shows that he doesn't actually understand the material he studied for?

I guess I could ask internally who the team for outing braindumpers is, and ask them to get in contact with you if you like. He won't be laughing much when he has his exam rights removed for life.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  16. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I wouldn't worry to much that MS hasn't acted on this straight away, remember MS is not just a local company - but an international company. Can you image how many reports that they get a year/month/day... Each case will have to be investigated, which could take time... After all while we here would report braindumpers, there can also be malicious people out there that will report a person, not because they used braindumps, but because of other reasons (eg jealously, promotion, etc). Before anyone gets decertified/banned/slapped with a lawsuit, MS has to make sure that they get it right.

Remember, cheaters while they may get short-term gains - will lose out in the long-term, and that's where it's going to hurt...

You've reported this person, you've done your bit - that's good for the industry and the certification value.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  17. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

I know of companies that provide braindumps, as they won't have to pay for re-sits, and they can get their accreditation...:dry

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  18. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

If you know then name and shame!

19. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Computrain for one.

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  20. StormDrain

StormDrain New Member

I had this issue where I used to work, but it concerned Cisco certification.

We had a big push for our company to become a Cisco Channel Partner, mainly to enable us to resell Cisco kit cheaper.

I completed the CCNA, CCNP, and later the CCNA Voice and CCDP, which took me well over 4 years to do, with a few failures along the way. Fortunately, Cisco supplied some of the vouchers for the Professional level exams (we're a massive customer), so it wasn't too bad to fail when you know the retake is free.

I had pressure put on me to sit multiple CCxP level certifications in order for to us to qualify quicker, but said that I'd rather work through one P-level certification off my own back the correct way. While no-one offered braindump material as such, it was made fairly obvious where to get it.

Cisco seems to be taking a hard line against cheaters. A guy in my office passed the CCNA, CCNP, and CCVP all through dumps in about 3 months. After completing the last CCVP exam, he had a email from Cisco saying that they had been made aware of him purchasing 'illicit study materials', and therefore had decided to strip him of the entire CCVP certification (not sure about the others); he was well gutted.......can't think why.....

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Voice
    WIP: CCVP, ITIL Foundation v3