braindumps percentage - is that enough to pass?

Discussion in 'A+' started by carlozdre, Dec 12, 2008.

1. carlozdre

carlozdre New Member

I had no idea until today about braindumps. I never thought they're bad for me and also, illegal, I thought they're made for testing purposes.

I tried Pass4Sure, I downloaded it from some random website when I've been looking for some more documentation/pdf's. I started learning for my A+ few months ago and I also bought Mike Meyers - All in one - Sixth edition and James Pyles - Pc Technician - Street Smarts.

I've read Street Smarts and half of the other one, I've been doing it slowly, trying to understand everything. It's easy for me as I used to build computers for ages, for me and my friends, I've got a computer from 1998 and it was my thing but no certs, that's why I choose A+ first. So everything comes in handy for me but I still the certification and there are some terms I am not familiar with.

What I would like to know: If I had an overall score of %80 on Pass4Sure, few times, would that be enough in your oppionion to pass the A+ exams? I really have to book my exam for January and study hard until then, I am unemployed and kinda desperate for a job, A+ will sort me out.

Thanks.

Certifications: Xpert (?!)
    WIP: A+
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

[​IMG]

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You shouldn't be using pass4sure at all mate, as you have said yourself it is a braindump and illegal. Using it can get you stopped from taking any exams and have any certs you have taken of you.

Buy some proper exam material from Boson, Transcender or Preplogic.

The only free one I know of that isn't illegal is on proprofs.com.

And by the way no cert can get you a job.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

What already been said, just take a look here. If you are unsure of any of the material out there, you can use Certguard to help you decide if the material in question are legit or not.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Sorry, totally off topic but that picture nearly made me p!ss myself laughing

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I suppose 0% is the answer as they're illegal and if caught, your certs will be cancelled.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

LOLOLOL

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What, exactly, is the point of this thread?

You may as well admit to hanging around the school gates and asking if it's wrong.

Get a grip.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. carlozdre

carlozdre New Member

Well, it's clearly stated in the subject?

Anyway, thank you all for help. I don't know what the hell I am doing here, it was a "mea culpa" situation and I was looking for someone to give me a clue of what I should do right now and if it does worth or not to try and taking the test, now, when the harm is done already.

Be realistic, only an IGNORANT wouldn't accept a lot of people use braindumps. In my case is quite different cause I had no idea it's illegal and I though it's kinda official.

It was a mistake asking for advices, blame me now as much as you can, it's easy to continue in that way anyway, I'm going to look for some other illegal software now.

Certifications: Xpert (?!)
    WIP: A+
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Carlozdre, you're here to learn, to get help here with your studies and to contribute to this community. Ok, you now know that the material that you were using was not-legit, so now with that knowledge it's time to look forward.

The only person who can tell you if you're ready for the exam is you. Saying that you're were getting 80% on a braindump paper means nothing as:

1. Questions do change, so the questions on the braindump material may not even be on the exam or revelant.
    2. The questions and answers on the braindump material may be wrong to begin with so studying from/learning from them, may do more harm than good for yourself.

That's why we were suggesting getting other material for you to use.

Both Mike Meyers - All in one - Sixth edition and James Pyles - Pc Technician - Street Smarts are very good books. You may want to get some practice exams from legit vendors (see GBL's post) to consolidate your knowledge to gauge where you are.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Pull the other one, its got bells on. You're trying to tell us that you needed US to tell you that having the actual answers to the actual questions on the actual test was 'wrong'? Of course its wrong - the same way as paying a college for a visa to enter the UK as a 'highly skilled' migrant worker is wrong, or stealing the answer sheets for your A level exam the day before the exam and sneaking it into the exam room to copy from whilst you're taking it is wrong. How can you possibly say you thought braindumping was 'kinda official'?

Most of us here are not ignorant. We do 'accept' that a lot of people use braindumps (not that 'accept' is the word I'd use. Many of us on this forum know this first hand because we've had to work with the morons who use them - or ahouls I say work 'around' the morons who use them. If it were a perfect world these pilchards would be found out in the workplace on day one and tossed out - never to return to the world of IT. Unfortunately, it ISN'T a perfect world. That's why places like CF are so important - people need educating as to why braindumping is 'wrong'. Seems to me you've come here expecting this to be a different kind of place, and being told you are wrong has put your nose out of joint a bit.

Good luck in your search for other illegal software. There's plenty of it about. unfortunately - there what there aren't is many jobs around at present. Hopefully you'll realise that cheating isn't the best way for you to go about getting one.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em