BrainDump Defination?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by momer79, Nov 19, 2009.

1. momer79

momer79 Bit Poster

Hi, I am preparing for certification exam and wondering if it is legall to practise old questions of this certification exam. I know that some companies offer real exam questions and it is totaly illegal but is this legal to practise old exam questions?

Thanks

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Check out any site you're getting questions from at www.certguard.com first

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. momer79

momer79 Bit Poster

Hi, its not really easy to get old exam questions becuase most of the vendors like pass4sure and testking offer real upto date exam questions which is not legall at all.

Old questions can be found through rapidshare and filter them by old dates but still i am not sure if it is legall to practise old exam questions which were produced by braindump websites like testking,pass4sure?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  4. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

They are still braindumps, even if they are 'out of date'. So yes it is still illegal.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

^this^

there are plenty of legitimate practice exam options out there which will give you a good understanding of the style of questions you'll be asked in the exam without risking decertification, take a look at the likes of Boson or Transcender.

And as UKD says, run any site your looking at through certguard to ensure its legit.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There aren't really such things as 'past papers' as there are in academic circles.
    You need to look for people who publish practice papers that are equivalent in terms of style and difficulty.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

when you take an IT certification exam, say the A+ for example your exam is based on a large pool of questions so it is unlikely that someone next you taking the same exam as you will get the same questions. What these places do is have people take the exams so they can work out the pool then make it into practice exams. These people already know their stuff so they put in the answers to the questions too.

If you take the A+ and fail it you can take it again but if you fail it a 3rd time you have to wait a while before taking it again (I think it's 3 months) apparently this is so a newer pool is generated so these braindump companies have people take the exam again so they can keep their dodgy software upto date.

Always use certgaurd to check the validity of what your using as practice exams and never be tempted to use a braindump it will only cause you trouble in the long run.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nope. Studying actual exam questions is still considered using braindumps, whether past or present, and using them can get you decertified for life.

Further, I'm not sure what you mean by "old questions"... the questions on the 70-270 exam in 2002 are still among the questions on the 70-270 exam used today.

Why not just purchase some questions from a trusted practice exam provider that you KNOW to be legit? Consider it a wise investment in your career.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I think that in passing an exam using braindumps / old test questions (old braindumps) you are only causing problems for yourself. The goal, in my view, of passing an exam is to learn a body of knowledge - not simply memorise a series of answers one day and regurgitate them in an exam the next. The cert may look good on a CV, but if it is achieved using braindumps you do not actually posess the knowledge required to pass the cert. This can come back to bite you if you actually get a job based on your certs; if you are hired to apply the knowledge your CV states you posess, but actually don't.

Basically,

braindumps / old test questions = bad

studying and applying your learning through real life labs / other practice = good

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc