brain dumps

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mick, Apr 20, 2008.

1. mick

mick Bit Poster

can someone explain to me what people mean when they talk about "brain dumps". What are they, how are they used, can they be good or bad ??????. I'm quite new to this site and have read the term on a number of occasions..........

Certifications: none
    WIP: none as yet
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sure, it's a confusing term because it can mean just a collection of pertinant information that one gathers from researching in different places. However, when we are discussing braindumps, we are talking about sites that post PDFs and other documents, that are the actual answers from the vendors certification exams. The sites that host/sell these braindumps are in strick violation of the vendors NDA (non disclosure agreements) and copyright laws, so they are in fact *illegal*. They also undermine the value of the certification for others that haven't learned parrot fashion by memorising the actual answers to questions they *will* see on the exam. A true student has studied hard, and learnt all the topics covered in the exam, in such a way as they can answer 'any' question they are faced with having never seen the question before.

Braindumps in this context is a bad thing, they will and do damage your carear as you will be found out very quickly once you find yourself in the real world, without the true knowledge that your certification states you have.

In other words, to coin a BM analogy, it is like stealing the answers to your uni exams from your professors desk.. it's unethical, immoral, cheating and just plain wrong.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Just to let everyone know, I moved this thread from the "Articles" forum to the "General" forum. Since this isn't an article seeking submission, it didn't seem appropriate for its original location. No worries. Cheers.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Oh dang, that was whilst i was moving it to training and development :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

We'll let it rest here. Of course, I *did* leave a redirect from "articles" to the "off topic" forum. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. mick

mick Bit Poster

well what about this site "ready to pass. com" where they do the exam for you in your name and you pass without even doing the exam. surely thats ilegal ? can somebody explain this as its just getting so confussing, i mean, who would use a site like this ????

Certifications: none
    WIP: none as yet
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

If I was you mick I would check the site out on CertGuard. Usually if something is too good to be true it usually is!:biggrin

As for what they are, well most people here would agree they are wrong to use!

Here's some links:-

Braindumps and Braindumpers

*** BRAINDUMPS***

Braindumps?

A+ practice exams:biggrin8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Of course it's illegal. Check out this Certguard page about Gunmen, who take exams for others.

Who would use a site like that? People who would rather cheat to get a certification rather than truly earn it legitimately.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!